Author Topic: Does RC allow using one IMAP account with mulitple simultaneous connections  (Read 4308 times)

Offline greavette

We use Roundcube with Hmailserver.  If we created a common email account on Hmailserver and then from Roundcube had our two secretaries connect to that one common mailbox simultaneously, would this be possible?

• Is there a restriction in Roundcube to not allow this?
  • If there is no restriction in Roundcube...how would I set Roundcube up to do this?
Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Offline Yoni

• MyRoundcube
There is nothing extra you may have to do. Have you tried it? Go ahead and create the hmailserver account and have your 2 or more users login into that account with Roundcube. It should work without problems.

Offline greavette

Hello and thank you for the reply.

Yes you are correct, this does work which is great news!

I'd like to expand on this by identifying which secretary sent the email.  If they both use the same account to login with, they would both then use the same signature.  Is there a way for each of the secretaries to have a unique Roundcube login id that uses the same hmailserver mailbox.  In this way each secretary can have their own signature. 

Roundcube is such a great webmail program...hopefully there is a plugin or config change I can do to satisify the above requirement.

Thank you.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
That isn't built in by default but you could make a plugin that would add a custom header to emails with different login information for each person.

Offline greavette

Wouldn't Virtual Users be something I can use to solve my problem. 

When are virtual users used within Roundcube?

I'll take a look at how to create a plugin as well...might be good to learn how that's done as well.