Author Topic: Any date for the 1.0 release ?  (Read 10648 times)

Offline gpetit

Any date for the 1.0 release ?
« on: February 24, 2007, 04:01:43 AM »
Hello,

Of course I don't want a definitve planning, but only an idea of the time the real complete 1.0 release might be out. This webmail is very interesting but I still can't offer it to my users as an important feature (in my mind and needs), mail filtering by rules, is not implemented yet.

Can you tell me if the awaiting time will be in weeks, months or years ?

Offline Slug

Re: Any date for the 1.0 release ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »
Being as though 0.1 has not even been released, then I think it is safe to say 5 years would be a good guess ...

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline oxygens

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 07:53:42 AM »

Offline SNo0py

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 09:29:04 AM »
Quote from: deastwood
bit more info for you here:

http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/roadmap
A roadmap without any dates does not really help a lot.... So I agree with Slug - Roundcube is really stable yet but still not useable in a productive environment and there was no progress the last few month... so it's pretty dead :(

Offline oxygens

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »
on the contary, if you look at the code you will see there was work only the other day, i am running roundcube in a production environment and people who use it prefer it even for the minor issues sometimes due to the usability and clarity of it compared with other webmail options on offer.

Also a roadmap does help because you can see how many things are left to solve before the release.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »
I don't care when roundcube 1.0 comes out. Its stable so you can use for mail with out to many problems, and the support here is good. I mean take a look at the CMS e107 it been out for 9 years there aren't at 1.0 yet there only at 0.7.8, so like I said no need to rush things lets just get to rs1 first! ;)

Offline peterhob

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 08:14:45 AM »
I'm using the latest svn version and my users are usually 1 version behind me. Although I am anxious to see a 1.0 version, my users are happy with the current releases of Roundcube, in the end that is all that matters.
Roundcube SVN 606, with the 'sound on new email' modification.

Offline digitalslave

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »
not compatible with users that reply to messages using outlook - missing all or part of messages in roundcube = unacceptable! and its been like what a year since the last release?