Author Topic: Round Cube Desktop / RCD Maker  (Read 11787 times)

Offline Ryan

Round Cube Desktop / RCD Maker
« on: February 24, 2007, 11:49:01 PM »
Ok well i am working on a windows application called RCDmaker, which will make a version of an app called Round Cube Desktop or RCD for short, basically what it means is someone who has roundcube webmail installed can download RCDmaker (for free) and make a version of RCD that will connect directly to their RoundCube installation, so people can access their roundcube outside of a web browser, or so it seems, actually it uses the IE core under the .NET Framework 2.0 to display their round cube site in a window that does not have all the browsing options of IE, so its mail only. I plan on releasing RCDmaker in a few days and thought i should post about it here to let you all know, and for the programmers here, it will be released under GPL and the source will be online for anyone to contribute to once the first version is released.
http://en.codevwiki.org/

The collaborative software development environment.

Offline Spanner_Man

Re: Round Cube Desktop / RCD Maker
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
Great news!

What would be even better is if it java.
The reason behind this is as follows;
OS independent - Any user, Windows, Linux or Mac will be able to use it
Once its Java who knows, it could be imported to a J2ME/Symbian file for Mobile/Cell phones :D

Offline Genghis Khan

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »
I was thinking today about roundcube on my cell (like gmail app)!
It would be perfect!

Offline bswinnerton

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:28:02 AM »
I wonder if we can make a wap enabled page. It shouldn't be too hard, and would follow the same principles as roundcube.