Author Topic: Blank page instead of login screen (Done everything on suggested btw)  (Read 3906 times)

Offline neddy

After downloading roundcube and installing it, i get a blank page when i go to the login screen.
So you know i HAVE read through all the other posts that people have posted about this issue, and i still have the problem.
Ok before you ask...
- There are no error logs in my /logs/ dir.
- I am running MySQL 5
- Php5 (other sites with php btw)
- Have changed the dbinc.php file
- Run all the import scripts
- (The data is in the database when you check it with sqlyog or the mysql command line)
- IIS6, Windows Enterprise Server 2003.

Any ideas on what could be going wrong???

Cheers

--
Neddy

Offline bugler

Re: Blank page instead of login screen (Done everything on suggested btw)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 04:24:43 AM »
Hi,

if you type: http://www.domain.com/index.php you get a blank page?

Offline dotcomslash.net

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:46:30 PM »
Hi,
I got the same error, and it looks like its a common thing for new people.
I think i may have solved it once and for all tho, please let me know if it works for you, here goes...

When you enter the sql queiries into your mysql panel or whatever panel you use, DO NOT copy and paste the whole txt file or upload the file either.
Just cut and paste each section of sql instruction and run each instruction separately. DO NOT include any of the text that is not an instruction to the database. There are six instructions in all, so don't loose count!

Please let me know if this works for you, I'd be very interested to know if the hours of trial and error have paid off.

Congratualtions by the way to the authors of this great program! I have some questions on how to implement it into my server proper, but that can can wait.

Hope it helps you and others.

Offline bugler

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »
HI,

I don´t recall how i created the database cause it was like 2 months ago. I don´t recall having any problem with it but i have some experience with mysql and importing sql files.

Good luck.