Author Topic: Can't delete Folders  (Read 4475 times)

Offline dodowitch

Can't delete Folders
« on: November 30, 2006, 08:28:21 AM »
Hi there

In the Personal Seetings i added some new Folders and then i renamed two of them.
Now the two Folders are just visible in the Folderlist but not in the Personal Seetings -> so i can't edit or delete the two Custom Folders.

I searched in the MySQL DB an all the Roundcube Files but I couldn't find where these Folder Names were saved. Any Idea how I can get the two Folders away?

Offline illegible

Re: Can't delete Folders
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 11:49:01 AM »
I had the same issue, with cpanel I was able to resolve it by going into the mail directory and editing the file:
/mail/yourwebsite/yourusername/courierimapsubscribed

Which should look something like this:
INBOX
INBOX.Drafts
INBOX.Sent
INBOX.Junk
INBOX.Trash
INBOX.Registrations
INBOX.Family
INBOX.Friends

I also deleted a file by the same name of the folder that I was removing, I think it was in one of the folders in the same directory, but I forget which... maybe someone who is more familiar with the IMAP structure could tell you (as well as explain what might have happened with roundcube that it lost the ability to delete it)

keywords:
Can't Delete Folder ; Folder won't delete ; folder doesn't work

Offline dodowitch

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »
thanks for your answer!

i wrote a -email to my provider and then they could delete the requested folder :)

Offline mdavis75

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:22:46 PM »
I have the same problem. I found that if I renamed a folder in Mail.app, I would end up with a messed up folder structure in Roundcube, including folders I could not delete in preferences.

I had to delete invalid folders within courierimapsubscribed to get hem to disappear from the folderlist.

As Mail.app (mac) seemingly pays no attention to the courierimapsubscribed file (I know this because I deleted said file compeletly and Mail.app was not bothered), then perhaps roundcube should not use it either (I know it does, because after deleting the file I ended up with no folders in y folder list).

Anybody else have any suggestions?