Author Topic: RoundCube 0.9.1 not working on some PCs  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Kudu1007

RoundCube 0.9.1 not working on some PCs
« on: June 12, 2013, 05:53:40 AM »
Hello,

I probably have a beginner's issue: I have recently installed RoundCube 0.9.1 in addition to the older 0.8.1 version (to a different directory, both versions should not interfere, I hope). Both versions work well, when I log in from home with my private PC. But I want to use Webmail mainly from elsewhere, e.g. from the company PC. But on my company PC, the old 0.8.1 version works well, while the new version fails. I can log in, but no emails are displayed in the incoming folder and no window opens when I click "about" on the top left side. Also the address book cannot be seen.

Sorry, I'm stuck. I don't know where to start looking for the mistake. I verified that Java is installed (after all, 0.8.1 works well on the same machine) and I updated Mozilla and all plugins. Any idea where I can start searching?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Offline alec

Re: RoundCube 0.9.1 not working on some PCs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 08:20:26 AM »
Java is not needed. We use Javascript. This looks like there's a javascript error. Check browser error console.

Offline Kudu1007

Re: RoundCube 0.9.1 not working on some PCs
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
Hello alec,

That helps a lot, thank you. I was not aware of such a browser error console.

I get a whole lot of warnings with both versions (0.8.1 and 0.9.1), which I can probably ignore (though they make me nervous). But anyway, 0.9.1 also generates seven errors. They all say that either rcmail or rcube_webmail is undefined. I cannot check the root cause now while I'm at work. I'm rather sure I made a mistake with the configuration. I'm just confused that this error only happens at my company PC and not at home. I'm sure I can fix the problem by myself now (or next weekend actually), but if you have a clue, you might as well share it.

Thanks again,

Michael