Author Topic: Managesieve seems broken in 0.8.5  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Matt_D

Managesieve seems broken in 0.8.5
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »
I just did an upgrade from 0.8.2 to 0.8.5 using the upgrade script; the script executed successfully, but managesieve won't work -- it's unable to connect to the server.  I did check the configuration file (in fact, swapped my backup config file for the plugin) but to no avail.

Finally, I did a restore of just the managesieve directory which included my old config file from the 0.8.2 distribution and it works fine with 0.8.5.  Something doesn't seem right in the distribution for 0.8.5.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Offline toastbrot

Re: Managesieve seems broken in 0.8.5
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:47 AM »
exactly same here!

Offline Matt_D

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »
Unfortunately, the restore no longer works -- so my managesieve is now broken.

I did do a quick check on things, and noticed that roundcube 0.9.2's plugin for managesieve insists on authenticating over DIGEST-MD5, even if you specify CRAM-MD5 in the config file for managesieve.  This seems to be what's broken.

I cannot seem to track down the offending source file though to patch it...any ideas?

Offline Matt_D

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »
Did some more looking around...

For some reason, on my config, the functions in Sieve.php seem to return values that suggest my server supports DIGEST-MD5 when in fact it doesn't.

You can workaround the issue by removing the DIGEST-MD5 as a supported type in class Net_Sieve, but this seems to be a bit of a brute force mechanism to solve what should be a simpler problem.  I'm fresh out of ideas on why this happening, any suggestions?