Author Topic: Larry Theme Bug in Old Firefox  (Read 4588 times)

Offline KeyJockey

Larry Theme Bug in Old Firefox
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:21 PM »
Hi Roundcube people  ;D

I was updating our site's RC setup, and also updating our customized version of the Larry theme and I found a small bug "quirk" in the new mini-taskbar feature, but only (so far, apparently) when using an old version of FireFox (3.x -- yeah I know it hardly matters, i.e. who uses that old of a FF any more?)

What happens is :  when you HOVER the mini taskbar, the tooltip popups that come up, trigger a SCROLL BAR to appear on the right-edge of the window, making the taskbar as a whole jump around.

I've attached two screen shots, one just showing normal Larry with the scrollbar bug showing and the second a ZOOM IN on it, with arrow pointing to the problem.

I poked around at this using FireBug in this old Firefox version but couldn't immediately figure out how to fix it -- maybe someone else reading this will know?   And IF it's worth fixing, because maybe the fix might break something worse for more up-to-date browsers?

Whatdda all think?

-JC
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:02:30 PM by KeyJockey »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Larry Theme Bug in Old Firefox
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »
If you know which element has the problem you should be able to add overflow: hidden; to the css to fix the problem.

Offline KeyJockey

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:49:05 PM »
I tried that, I think, when I was messing around with this using FireBug.

But the result was the pop-up tooltip was then "hidden"... down below the taskbar button.  I could only see a few pixels of the top edge of it.  Sure, that stopped the scroll bar from appearing (I think, anyway, not sure now since I don't remember exactly IF it worked) but the result still wasn't right, since it meant the tooltip didn't show anymore.

But maybe overflow:hidden applied to a different element would work, I'm just not sure what to apply it to...

-JC

P.S. Again, this is fine in later versions of FireFox, so I dunno if it's worth tracking down.  Not sure where in the progress from FireFox 3.X to current 24+ "gawd knows what number FF version they're up to now" it was that it got fixed however...

Offline KeyJockey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
Another one... this with Firefox 2.x which is not actually supported (per startup dialog box alert) but the screen formatting of that page is messed up.

The new taskbar elements are at top of the screen, over the version-notice error.  The screen quickly "flashes" the login screen but then goes to this...

-JC

P.S. This screenshot is using our customized version of Larry, but I'm 99.9% sure same thing will happen with unmodified Larry.  All we are changing are graphics images and cosmetic stuff like CSS color values... if necessary I'll set our config back to "Larry" as default and test again.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:50:02 PM by KeyJockey »