Author Topic: Location of mysql.sock in Mac Server 2.2.1/OS-X 10.8.4  (Read 10119 times)

Offline DumbWizard

Location of mysql.sock in Mac Server 2.2.1/OS-X 10.8.4
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »
Hello all,

First post and a relative noob at configuring a webmail app.   I'm having a bit of a problem at the Third stage of the roundcube install, where roundcube is unable to find the MySQL database.  Everything else is checking out, but I'm stumped as to where this .sock file actually exists?  I've tried configuring my php.ini to point to "/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock" and this didn't seem to sort it, and I'm not seeing the .sock file anywhere else (I don't think).  I know I need to change something very simple, but this is escaping me...

Does anyone know of some detailed instructions to resolve this issue?

Also, mods, if I posted in an incorrect location, please move this as desired.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Check DB config
Warning: PDO::__construct(): [2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via unix:///var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock) in /Library/Webserver/Documents/roundcubemail-0.9.2/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 144 DSN (write):  NOT OK(SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory)
Make sure that the configured database exists and that the user has write privileges
DSN: mysql://roundcube:xxxxxxxx@localhost/roundcubemail

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Location of mysql.sock in Mac Server 2.2.1/OS-X 10.8.4
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:08 PM »
Run "mysqladmin variables" it the terminal it should tell you where the socket file is.

Offline DumbWizard

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:48:03 AM »
Fantastic, thanks!  I was able to change the pointer to "/tmp/mysql.sock" and now I can connect to the DB.  New problem, however- I get a message "DB Schema: NOT OK (Database not initialized).  Any thoughts on this?

Offline DumbWizard

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »
Actually sorted it.  Roundcube is working fantastically now!