Author Topic: Bug Report  (Read 6994 times)

Offline Hickman

Bug Report
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:41:03 AM »
First off, sorry if I am putting this in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it where it belongs.

Secondly, I have not attempted multiple times to replicate this bug.

On to the bug: Using the register user form, I typed all information in. One field was incorrect, that being an insecure password (less than 8 characters and therefore requiring me to go back and make it such). The Back button on the error page successfully takes me back with all information pre-filled other than the password. After I filled in the password, I was unable to click the Submit/Register/Whatever it is button. This was because the "I Agree" checkbox was already checked for me because I checked it last time. The javascript used to enable the submission button upon checking the "I Agree" can't support a default value of 1 for the checkbox.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention, as it is not a big deal but can become confusing for novice users. Of course, unchecking and re-checking the "I Agree" checkbox re-enabled the submission button.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:10:25 PM »
Interesting....

In the coming weeks we're going to go through some updates, so I'll see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I'll file a but with SMF (the board creators) and let them roll out a fix to it. Thanks for the info.