Author Topic: Simply question about spam email  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Nimble Fitness

Simply question about spam email
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »
Unlike my other email services, I do not have a "spam" button on Roundcube.  How do I spam certain emails and prevent them from coming into my inbox.

Thanks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:42:28 AM »
you need a plugin for that. the mark as junk 2 plugin lets you trigger the processing of messages as spam/not spam in different ways depending on your backend.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline ozgurerdogan

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Like allow users to set mails not spam so next time mails goes to inbox. I am using hmail server and looking for a solution for this.

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:53:18 AM »
You could use hmail_spamfilter. This plugin will copy spam/ham messages in speparate folders; in my case "c:/spamassassin/train_bayes/ham_to_learn" and  "c:/spamassassin/train_bayes/spam_to_learn". After that it is not a job for Roundcube anymore. You have to process these message f.e. by sa-learn.exe. (Spamassassin) separately. It depends on which kind of spam detection application you are using. Of course you have to configure hMailServer to scan messages by Spamassassin. There is a very comfortable interface to do so.

To get this working on Windows along with Spamassassing I have the following tasks scheduled:
C:\spamassassin\sa-learn.exe --ham --showdots c:/spamassassin/train_bayes/ham_to_learn
C:\spamassassin\sa-learn.exe --spam --showdots c:/spamassassin/train_bayes/spam_to_learn

As you are using hMailserver I guess your Server runs on a Windows OS. So, this should guide you into the right direction.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline ozgurerdogan

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 07:43:05 AM »
Well my spamassian box is external. Actually all I want is to allow user to send simple sql command to hmail database to insert a whitelist mail account / domain that he chooses from roundcube. Can you guide me away for that?

Offline rosali

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »
You have to code a plugin. You could look into my hmail_* plugins to see how it could be done. As I don't need this functionality I won't code it.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline ozgurerdogan

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »
Well it is interesting that nobody needs to allow users to whitelist mail. I am not a php programmer instead asp.net will try to find a way then thanks.

Offline TechMonster

Re: Simply question about spam email
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
Rosali, How can you use hmail_spamfilter to move messages? The description says it's for the spam filter settings in hmailserver. I need a similar plugin to move messages to a server folder.
Travis