Author Topic: Please try to initialize the database manually as described in the INSTALL guide  (Read 7766 times)

Offline gopher49

I just performed a clean install of RoundCube..  I created the MySQL per the install guide...  When clicking the initialize DB button on the installer page I'm getting the below error.

Please try to initialize the database manually as described in the INSTALL guide. Make sure that the configured database exists and that the user as write privileges. 

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:50:24 AM by SKaero »

Offline gopher49

I was having a MySQL issue...  The install guide is easy and works 100%.  It just didn't work for me due to a MySQL issue.  My MySQL server is not in production...  Shortly after the install I moved the default data directory.  It seems it caused an issue with my InnoDB which resulted in certain DB writes to not occur...  This was determined by watching the console of MySQL and seeing debug messages in real time... Long story short.  Once I got MySQL happy everything worked perfectly.  So far RoundCube is rock solid and very impressive.

Thanks!