Author Topic: New with a few questions  (Read 6952 times)

Offline docquesting

New with a few questions
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:51:12 PM »
So far I like what I see but before I install I have a few questions that need answering. So here goes.

How do I include the login and register info on another page for users
to login and sign up?

Will there be or there an option for POP mail?

What type of admin interface will I have to help or control users?

Offline bugler

Re: New with a few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 07:18:14 AM »
Hi,

you have to develop your own way to create and manage users. That is specific to each mail server.

Ed.

Offline docquesting

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:26:50 AM »
As nice as the rest of this script seems this is totally useless without this very important feature.

Offline zyzzyvas

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »
Quote from: docquesting
As nice as the rest of this script seems this is totally useless without this very important feature.

Sigh.

There is a difference between an email SERVER and a email CLIENT. Roundcube is merely an email client (like Thunderbird or Outlook)...it just happens to sit on a web server instead of your local machine. Roundcube has no way of controlling your mail server or creating/modifying users on the server. It's not supposed to.

If you want people to be able to create user accounts on the fly, you need to manage that yourself. Every mail server handles accounts differently, and that functionality is NOT part of the IMAP specification. It's way outside of Roundcube's scope.

Frankly, letting users create accounts like that can be very dangerous. Be careful.

Kris