Author Topic: Clicking on Folder Link doesn't do anything, right-clicking -> Open does.  (Read 13162 times)

Offline LucasG

Quote from: vext
Found this on HostGeekZ from someone named Ahmed:

just comment the following code in index.php in cd /usr/local/cpanel/base/roundcube

like this:

// check client X-header to verify request origin
//if ($OUTPUT->ajax_call)
//{
// if (empty($CONFIG['devel_mode']) && !rc_request_header('X-RoundCube-Referer'))
// {
// header('HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found');
// die("Invalid Request");
// }
//}

It worked like a charm for me.

This is definitely a bug and commenting this part of the code definitely helped me solve the problem temporarily. Hopefully RoundCube devs will release a fix soon as it's something critical.

Offline jharris3434

Update: Per guidance by a couple of the devs, I upgraded to 0.1 stable again, this time using the installer. That solved my problem.

Offline LucasG

How did you do the installation?

Offline jharris3434

Navigate (in your browser) to [rc]/installer/welcome.html, then follow the instructions.

Offline Azure

The "commenting out" worked for me as well... Thanks!

Offline Penumbra

Clicking on Folder Link doesn't do anything, right-clicking -> Open does.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »
I just started seeing this problem as well, and the hack didn't work, nor did upgrading to the newest RC Release (0.2.1).

It seems to me, although this could be a red herring, that it began after my inbox grew past 900 unread messages.  

Which, for me, is normal.

When I used SquirrelMail - I had filters and the like setup to move my subscribed lists and daily incoming mail to numerous other folders (like .. well .. most email clients let you do [thunderbird, squirrelmail, outlook, xmail, elm, etc etc]).

Now that I don't have that ability - my inbox grows quite fast, and within a week easily expands past 1000 messages.

Is it possible the AJAX message is reaching a maximum length and bombing?

There are no errors in "logs/errors"

EDIT: More Information
I turned the debug console on, and now when the failure happens I can see what it does, but not why it does it.

When I click the "Inbox" - the return from the AJAX call is all wrong - it is returning the index page from my default host NOT the configured virtual host this application responds to.  I can replicate it by taking the HTTP Request that I see in the console and applying it to my webmail URL.  I tested this by reconfiguring my index.html on my default host with a simple page - which from the debug below we can see is being returned by AJAX.

Code: [Select]
--------------------------------------
HTTP request: ./?_task=mail&_action=list&_mbox=INBOX&_page=1&_refresh=1&_remote=1
<center><link rel=stylesheet href=http://credoaction.com/widgets/widgetstyle.css
type=text/css media=screen /><script language=javascript
src=http://credoaction.com/widgets/widget.js></script>
<script language=javascript>WriteBushCountdown()</script>

But, the very next thing I do is click another folder with far less information in it, and the response looks more normal:
Code: [Select]

HTTP request: ./?_task=mail&_action=list&_mbox=ham&_page=1&_refresh=1&_remote=1
/** ajax response [30/Apr/2009 01:21:33 -0400] **/
this.set_env({mailbox:'ham',quota:1,delimiter:'.',trash_mailbox:'Trash',drafts_mailbox:'Drafts',junk_mailbox:'spam',messagecount:1,pagecount:1});
this.set_pagetitle('**Scrubbed** :: ham');
this.set_rowcount('Messages 1 to 1 of 1');
this.set_mailboxname('ham');
this.set_message_coltypes(['from','subject','date','size','flag']);
this.add_message_row('1',{from:'Amy Goodman<\/span>',subject:'[SPAM] Democracy Now! Needs You<\/a>',date:'12.12.2007 20:22',size:'100 KB'},{deleted:0,unread:0,replied:0,forwarded:0,flagged:0},1,0);
this.set_unread_count('ham',0,0);

This tells me that either 1 of 2 things is going on.  Either Apache forgets how to forward requests to a virtual host when RoundCube has a large list to transfer (unlikely) or -- When RoundCube tries to refresh a very large list - it fails, and the result is a forward to something that does NOT correspond to my virtual host (which is only
http://mail.some_host.com/) causing the refresh to fail.

Please advise.

P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:42:01 PM by Penumbra »

Offline Penumbra

Quote from: Penumbra;18834

This tells me that either 1 of 2 things is going on.  Either Apache forgets how to forward requests to a virtual host when RoundCube has a large list to transfer (unlikely) or -- When RoundCube tries to refresh a very large list - it fails, and the result is a forward to something that does NOT correspond to my virtual host (which is only http://mail.some_host.com/) causing the refresh to fail.

Well - I went into my inbox (when I could see it) and took the machete to a ton of messages - and POOF it started working again.

But now - a week later, my inbox is beyond what it was when I had issues - yet my mailbox works fine.  This leaves me to wonder  -- what if there's a bad message title that has values that cause the AJAX call to fizzle?  If that's true - it seems that this could cause a hole that a savvy hacker could exploit - and thus should be high on your list for fixing.

Is RoundCube currently being developed still?  
Are the developers active on the forums?  
Do they read the issues forum? - as I've noted a marked lack of response here.

Penumbra

Offline nub4life

I too am getting the same error. I looked through my error log and I kept getting this error:

[12-May-2009 13:10:01 -0400] DB Error: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
[Last executed query: PREPARE mdb2_statement_mysql_5e49978c06074e681893cd996840907cde1215cc5 FROM 'UPDATE cache\n         SET    created=now(), data=?\n         WHERE  user_id=?\n         AND    cache_key=?']
[Native code: 2006]
[Native message: MySQL server has gone away]
 in /roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 255 (GET /roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=getunread&_remote=1)
[12-May-2009 13:10:01] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method rcube_json_output::template_exists() in /roundcube/program/steps/error.inc on line 99

The inability to click anything only seems to happen once in awhile, which makes me think that roundcube is doing something in the background. The mailbox does have a lot of emails, but they are not in the inbox. There are a lot of folders (around 50), and it is in a nested structure.

I tried the hack and it didn't work. Anyone got any ideas? I'm using google apps.