Author Topic: spamassassin  (Read 7269 times)

Offline area51

spamassassin
« on: March 14, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »
i would like to see round cube be able to read the spam headers marked by spam assasin and automatically move those e-mail to the junk folders or spam folders and an admin panel to be able to install modules and such i will ad more to this later on all

Offline bugler

Re: spamassassin
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 04:42:54 AM »
Hi,

my knowledge of this is almost non-existant but i think that this spamassassin thing doesn´t have to do with roundcube but you must configure your mail server (or imap server not sure) to use spamassassin.

Maybe i am wrong.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 06:15:26 AM »
You should have full control of SpamAssasin via your control panel (cPanel, DirectAdmin, etc). You should be able to send it to the e-mail account's spam folder which is mostly named "spam".

Though it would be good to have mail filters, which I'm sure has already been requested.

Offline zyzzyvas

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:02 PM »
This is really a request for a specific case of email filtering (a much-requested feature). Assuming that we eventually get a generalized filtering feature, it would be easy to make a rule that diverts mail tagged as spam by SA to whatever folder you like.

In other words, I'd rather have the developers spend time on a true filtering feature than something just for SpamAssassin.

Kris

Offline ohennig

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 03:41:22 PM »
If such a filter is ever implemented it would be better if it read the mail headers instead of looking for a spam tag in the subject. Not all installations of spamAssassin are configured to use **SPAM**, but a spam score is always entered in the headers. That way all RC admins could decide for them selves at which spam score level the filter would be triggered.

Just my thoughts.