Author Topic: IMAP Access issue  (Read 3284 times)

Offline davemcgetto

IMAP Access issue
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:25:21 PM »
Hey there,

Ok, i got everything installed grand. I can access my college e-mail account from the roundcube i installed, but the imap server that i want to access is not allowing me to access it.

http://www.soleseparation.com/webmail/

Thats the address where i installed the roundcube.

The imap server that i want to access is running on the same hosting company that im running roundcube and the address is mail.soleseparation.com, the thing is, i CAN access that from outlook and get my mail no prob. Its very strange, i dunno if anyone else had the same prob, i looked through most of the forum and found nothing like it. Also i have no shell access as yet because the hosting company do not enable it by default. Might there be an issue connecting to MY IMAP server because its a older version or someting?

Dave.

Offline izzyonstage

Re: IMAP Access issue
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »
Hey up,

I am having the same problem. I have set-up my own server using red had fedora core 4, I have got everything installed and working. I can access my IMAP from outlook and evolution, but RC keeps giving me the error that the IMAP server has not got permission on port 143.

I have tryed to find anything to point out why it isnt working, but cant find anything.