Author Topic: Adress Import: Adresses Missing  (Read 3850 times)

Offline stormsh

Adress Import: Adresses Missing
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:24:51 AM »
Hello there, I'm using roundcube 0.8.6 whitch is part of the latest Plesk Panel 11.5. I was quite happy to see that there is finally an alternative to horde, and a very good one too.
Here is the problem. When I imported my adressbook (via vCard) hardly half of the entries were imported.
Exactly 264 of 504 entries. I found out, that only those entries were imported that have an email adress.
So here is the question:
Is there a limit of imports? Or are only adresses with emails are imported? (I guess the last one)
And if it's only with emailadresses, why?
If this "issue" is gone with the latest 0.9.2 thats fine for me, then I'll just wait till it's been updated in the Plesk paket, otherwise I would like to see the "feature" of having adresses without emailadress in the future.

Thx 4 F1.

sh.

Offline Loman

Re: Adress Import: Adresses Missing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:10:28 AM »
you are right. Only vcards with a mail address will be import. i checked this just now with an contact without a mail address. But I didn't notice this behaviour because I use a carddav address book from owncloud. All my addresses are showing in RC also without a mail address. Last but not least I use the newest version 0.92.

with this line in my test vcard works the import
EMAIL;INTERNET:test@test.com
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:35:51 AM by Loman »

Offline stormsh

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
Ok. So is this behavior (only showing adresses with emails) a bug or a feature? Because if you say
with this line in my test vcard works the import
you changed the string from
"EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET:test@test.com" to
"EMAIL;INTERNET:test@test.com".
So this is a problem of the RC importer, or isn't it?
ATM I'm working on storing my adresses with OC too, but the OCapp for android still doesn't support syncing, which is from my point of view its biggest flaw.
I also have problems with the OC plugin for RC, so I was hoping to get all the adresses in RC for the moment. But ok, it's not important. Maybe it all works out one day :).

sh.

Offline Loman

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:02:08 AM »
for sync RC to OC you can use http://www.crash-override.net/carddavdownload.html It works good. My android use the the app http://dmfs.org/carddav/ Now I can edit every contact in every way. Only the integration RC in OC isn't working. But it is matter for me. It is only a frame with a automatic login, nothing more. In my opinion it isn't a real integration. A real integration would be a direct access to my contacts and calendar from OC. But for this you have to use additional addons for RC.