Author Topic: Login Issues  (Read 3548 times)

Offline zeddjb

Login Issues
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
I recently installed hmailserver and I wanted to utilize some kind of front end for users to self register and check email using a web client.  Everything seemed to point to roundcube and after doing some research it would seem roundcube would be a good fit for my existing set up.

I ran through the install sequence with no issues and after I was done I was able to get to the roundcube login page.  However, I tried to log in and I wasn't able to.  As soon as I click the "Login" button the web page redirects from MyDomainName.xxx/webmail/index.php to just MyDomainName.xxx/webmail/ but instead of listing the contents of that folder, I get a 404 page.

In the username field, I tried both formats:

username@mydomainname.xxx and just the username

At the end of the install, I was able to test both the IMAP and SMTP settings and both of them passed.

I'm utilizing:
Apache 2.2.9
PHP 3.5.27
hmailserver 5.3.3
MySQL 5.6

Not sure what to do from here.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:36:22 PM by zeddjb »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Login Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:30:19 PM »
Do you have index.php in your directoryindex?

Offline zeddjb

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I do have it in there.  It's how I get to the login screen to begin with.  But once I click on the login button, it redirects to MyDomainName.xxx/webmail/

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
Just to be clear when I say directoryindex I'm talking about the apache configuration option.

Offline zeddjb

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 10:20:54 PM »
You sir are the best.  I added /webmail/index.php to the directory index and it worked like a charm.

I thank you for clarifying and helping me out with this.