Author Topic: Can't fix BLANK SCREEN issue, tried everything!  (Read 3507 times)

Offline KettererE

Can't fix BLANK SCREEN issue, tried everything!
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:47:30 AM »
I've got the BLANK PAGE issue and tried everything I can find with no luck. I'm running Win2003 server with IIS6. PHP is version 5.2.1 and MySQL is version 4.1.18 which came with my HMailServer 4.3.1 install.

I have SQLyog and verifed the roundcubemail database is there with all 6 tables. The roundcube user is there with all permissions set. I tried both the mysql.initial.sql and mysql5.initial.sql db scripts.

PHP is working fine...I tested with a test.php file in the roundcube web folder...the test.php contains:

// testing sessions
 // check to see if files are being created
 // in the session.save_path folder
 session_start();
?>

PHP Test

The browser you're using is

Your browser's capabilities are:

It works fine and returns tons of info.

All IIS/Windows permissons are set...I have even tried FULL CONTROL for both my IIS guest users and asp.net app pool user.

I get no errors on the screen on in the logs folder.

My database name is roundcubemail, the user is roundcube, password is temppass, and MySQL is running on localhost on port 3307. Here's my database string in db.inc.php:

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:temppass@localhost:3307/roundcubemail';

I also tried:

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:temppass@localhost/roundcubemail';

Default MySQL port is defined as 3307 in PHP.ini.

Please help!!!

- Ed
Win2003 Server, IIS6, hMailServer 4.3.1, RoundCube 0.1 BETA 2

Offline KettererE

Re: Can't fix BLANK SCREEN issue, tried everything!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
Was gonna do a bump but no need...these forums are DEAD!

Anyone out there who can help? Are the developers active at all in these forums?

Offline KettererE

Re: Can't fix BLANK SCREEN issue, tried everything!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »
Hours of frustration with the install...had the blank screen/page no matter what I tried.

It was one simple problem...I needed to use slashes (/) not backslashes (\) in my temp folder path.

What took so long is that there was no error logging because it was failing in the parsing of the main.inc.php file right before it read the log file location setting!

To make it worse, I bumped up the debug level to 4 like is suggested but it still does not show errors on the screen, only in the log file but it never gets that far!

The key is to set:

$rcmail_config['debug_level'] = 8;

Then you see the errors on the screen! Found the issues and fixed my problem in less than 15 minutes.