Author Topic: Mac OS X 10.8.4 Server "Connection to storage server failed."  (Read 6612 times)

Offline TheBearAk

I feel like I'm chasing my tail on this one.    I've done several installs of roundcube on Linux machines and currently have this issue on one of them, but on that one all I have to do is create a "mail" folder in the /home/<username> that is owned by the user.

On Mac OS X 10.8, I'm not sure what is going on.

A bit of history of this machine.   Brand new Mac Mini running 10.8.4 Server.   I used TimeMachine to restore the setting from the clients previous MacMini that died, also running 10.8.4 server.   Ran into an issue with none of the services coming up so I reinstalled the "server" part of it and repaired permissions.

I did what I normally do when setting up roundcube on a linux machine and get as far as bringing up the login screen and connected to the database properly, but when any user tries to log in, they get "Connection to the storage server failed"

I'm guessing this is because the webserver doesn't have write access  to a particular directory???   Really don't know where to look.  The roundcube error log has this line:

[30-Jul-2013 15:19:12 -0800]: IMAP Error: Login failed for rose from 192.168.1.88. Could not connect to ssl://bogus.com:993: Connection refused in /opt/webapps/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

(username and server changed to protect the innocent)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Mac OS X 10.8.4 Server "Connection to storage server failed."
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:04 PM »
If the connection was refused its post likely a firewall problem, that or IMAP isn't listening on that port.

Offline TheBearAk

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I turned the firewall off to try and that didn't help.   Checked Netstat  and it shows imap is listening on both 143 and 993.    Tried both 143 (non-SSL) and 993 (SSL) in the round cube config and still have the same issue.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »
Can you connect from a different IMAP client?

Offline TheBearAk

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »
Yes, it connects just fine using Thunderbird and Mail.App.

Both on the local machine, different machine on same LAN and remote.

I also tried taking one of my other roundcube installs and adding that particular server to it and it simply says "login failed", but that could be a totally different issue (SSL certificate issue)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
I noticed you're using the domain to connect to the IMAP server, does it work with the ip address or localhost (if its on the same box)