Author Topic: How does Roundcube store sent emails with hMailServer?  (Read 5657 times)

Offline jimbillig

How does Roundcube store sent emails with hMailServer?
« on: August 09, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »
I'm trying to get hMailServer to save emails sent via SMTP into my Sent folder so that I can see them in Roundcube.

When I send email through Roundcube, sent emails are stored in the Sent folder, but emails sent via SMTP are not.  I started a thread on the hMailServer forum trying to see if this was something that it should handle, or that I could script, but I thought I'd as how Roundcube handles it.

I'm pretty sure that Roundcube simply saves a copy of the email in the Sent folder via IMAP, but then sends the email via SMTP (or some other API method I suppose).  Am I correct in my thinking?

Does Roundcube keep messages in its own database, or does it use the HMS database/file system?

My assumption (guess) is that I could write a script using hMailServer's OnDeliveryStart() event that copies the email file and places it into the message store Sent folder.  If Roundcube is doing something different than my thought, maybe I could follow that path.

Thanks in advance!!!

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: How does Roundcube store sent emails with hMailServer?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:37:51 PM »
I'm don't use hMailServer so I can't help you out with your problem but I can answer your RoundCube questions.

I'm pretty sure that Roundcube simply saves a copy of the email in the Sent folder via IMAP, but then sends the email via SMTP (or some other API method I suppose).  Am I correct in my thinking?
You are correct. You can enable imap_debug and smtp_debug if you want to see the logs.

Does Roundcube keep messages in its own database, or does it use the HMS database/file system?
The message is stored on the mail server not in the RoundCube database.