Author Topic: spell checker  (Read 9541 times)

Offline impwriter

spell checker
« on: August 18, 2013, 01:07:22 AM »
I am only using roundcube as webmail (absolutely love the interface!), which i access through the cpanel of my website. i do not see any options for using a spellchecker, yet i read on the forum that such a feature does exist. (forgive my total ignorance in this next statement but i have not "downloaded" roundcube to my computer because a. i do not understand fully the directions to do so - i do not know how to write  "codes" and b. i also do not understand what benefit downloading gives me when it is a webmail program.

any enlightenment regarding the latter and especially if i can use/enable the spellchecker when accessing through the web would be greatly aprpeciiated. ( see why i need the spell checker? :) -

thanks,

impwriter

Offline TechMonster

Re: spell checker
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:56:18 AM »
You can enable it in your config file. Just do a search for enable_spellcheck in the main.inc.php. The googie search is busted as google has disabled there spell checker api.
Travis

Offline impwriter

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »
Travis, Roundcube is not downloaded on my computer so there won't be any file there. I am using Roundcube as webmail only, accessing it through the cpanel of my website. i don't see any spellcheck options using it this way.

Offline TechMonster

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »
Then you need to request your administrators to enable this.
Travis

Offline impwriter

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
Travis, i contacted the administrator who said he would be happy to install it if i can point him to the correct module. where can i find it so as to facilitate its installation and not have his tech guys search all over the web for it?

(BTW if possible i would like the spellchecker to work with HTMl view and not only plain text)

thanks,

izzy

p.s. while i'm at it do you happen to know if there is also a feature that would allow attachments that i have upladed to send to be previewed before actually sent (and again, if so, where can it be found?)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »
Currently, the server running Roundcube needs to have aspell/pspell support. If the server is Linux, the packages you need are aspell, php-pspell and at least one dictionary, for example aspell-em for English.

I do not know how to install pspell on a Windows server, or if it is even available for that platform.

On my RHEL5 server, the exact packages I installed were:

aspell-0.60.3-12
php53-pspell-5.3.3-13.el5_9.1
aspell-en-6.0-3
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA