Author Topic: help creating overlay tarball  (Read 3536 times)

Offline xpafiolis

help creating overlay tarball
« on: August 25, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
Hello everyone, i love roundcube!

i created a custom skin of mine that put my company logo in the corner as well as some other minor tweaks. i uploaded the theme in a separate folder and tweaked the main.inc.php file to make my theme default and bingo everything was great!!!

except when cpanel updated - all my changes were lost!

i made the files immutable and it still didnt work...  i just read why in the skins DOC

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/RoundcubeReadme this page tells me i need to create an overlay file to keep my changes everytime it updates - how do i go about doing this?

do i just add all my modified files to this tarball / zip file and upload it as is? what kind of folder structure etc?

any help would be amazing!

Offline xpafiolis

Re: help creating overlay tarball
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 12:47:41 AM »
i found this page, may help anyone else with the same issue on how to create a overlay.tar!

i just need to find out if its ok to put the config file in there too?

http://www.silverark.co.uk/articles/item/145-how-to-update-roundcube-on-cpanel-with-persistant-changes.html

Offline xpafiolis

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »
ok i need help again, i added the directory and files to var/cpanel/roundcube/overlay.tar and upgraded cpanel / roudncube and seriously nothing new!

i cant figure out how to get it to apply the overlay.tar!

please help.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »
I haven't played with cPanel overlays so I'm don't think I can be of to much help, but keep in mind that updating cPanel won't update RoundCube unless there is a new version  so you will need to force update it for the overlay to be applied.