Author Topic: attachments infinite loop  (Read 4331 times)

Offline taury

attachments infinite loop
« on: August 26, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
I have a problem with attachments. If I try to attach a file over 15MB, after uploading, the animated gif is still there and the attachment does not appear. With less than 15MB, the files are uploaded correctly.

On another server I can upload files larger than 15MB

The dedicated server I have is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS + Plesk 11.0 32bit (strato)

I have changed the values of the variables (upload_max_filesize = 200M post_max_size = 250M, memory_limit = 300M max_execution_time = 3600 max_input_time = 3600) in php.ini. And I've also added these variables to .htaccess file in the main directory of RoundCube. But the problem is not solved. I can attach files up to 200MB but when the upload is finished, this upload gets stuck. I've also added the line "FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824" to this file "etc/apache2/mods-available/fcgid.conf"

I've used this configuration to test the mail server.

I know that the Problem is the server but I don't know what else to do.

Can you tell me what I need to change in the server configuration to attach files larger than 15MB?

Thank you very much

Offline mangoman

Re: attachments infinite loop
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 06:53:42 PM »
This problem seems to persist to today - with version 1.0.0 - and attachments are not sent.

In one post:
"The maximum file size that can be attached in email via Rounbcube application is 20MB however, it is not sending email with attachment above 5MB size of file. While investigating, it appears that the issue is with the Roundcube application."

My server settings (SMTP & PHP) are configured for 20Mb max file sizes.

There are several posts about file sizes stored in the database - but remain unresolved.

Another post states that the temp directory is not writable - but it is, and is set to 777 and still doesn't send attachments. If there is a plugin that needs to be set or removed, which one? How? Is that set in the new (version 1.0.0) config file? There is no documentation.

There is also no documentation regarding how to edit/add settings for attachments in the new version:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('plugin_manager','calendar','carddav','compose_in_taskbar','crawler','fancybox','folderbuttons','jscolor','lang_sel','persistent_login','placeholder','planner','plaxo_contacts','savepassword','timepicker','webmail_notifier','archivefolder','blockspamsending','zipdownload','message_highlight','database_attachments','contextmenu');

Thanks for any advice and suggestions to make this work!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:01:12 PM by mangoman »

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »
Try with removed all plugins.

Offline mangoman

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:15:19 PM »
I added the following line to the config.inc.php file of version 1.0 of Roundcube:

$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array();

....and I still cannot send messages with attachments. I get the following error message:

Failed to send message.

Do I configure this setting in some other file? Supposedly this is the *only* file to edit for settings int the 1.0 version....is that correct? Or what other file can help resolve this issue?

This is critical, and if unresolved I will need to migrate to another webmail script. :-(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 02:48:05 AM »
after you changed your php settings did you restart your web server?
are there any Javascript errors on the page when you press send?
is there any information in the Roundcube error log?
are you using php mail() or an SMTP server?
if you are using an SMTP server try enabling smtp_debug in your Roundcube config and then check that log for any information.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline mangoman

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
Thanks , JohnDoh.

I've been struggling with this for awhile, and am about ready to move on to RainLoop. I've just asked my host for some help since they recommended the script.  ??? I'm currently waiting for a reply, so I'll add details when I can - and hopefully won't have to migrate away from Roundcube.