Author Topic: Date column not displaying date?  (Read 10812 times)

Offline nostaw

Date column not displaying date?
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
Hi -

I recently installed Roundcube v0.9.3 for the first time as an alternative to Squirrel Mail on a small server.

So far everything seems to work well, but I've noticed the Date column of the main display doesn't appear to show a date. However, I can change the column from Ascending to Descending sort and see the emails change.

I did some Google searching and saw similar issues reported with an older version of Roundcube which sounded like it was related to the timezone, which I changed from Auto to  (GMT -5) America/New York, but that doesn't appear to have changed anything.

I tried using FireFox v20 on Ubuntu 10.04 and with Win 7 IE8 and Win7 FireFox v18.01, and all have the same symptom - Date column is blank.

So, my server is running Mac Snow Leopard Server 10.6 (fully up to date) with Apache/2.2.22 (Unix), DAV/2, PHP/5.3.15, mod_python/3.3.1, Python/2.6.1, mod_ssl/2.2.22, OpenSSL/0.9.8x, MySQL v14.12/Distrib 5.0.92, Dovecot IMAP & PostFix (v?) as distributed by Apple.

When I installed roundcube and it more or less "just worked" without making any special mods other than the "standard" configuration stuff.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

TIA,

JW

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Date column not displaying date?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »
If the date isn't sowing then most likely the date.timezone isn't set correctly in the php.ini. Check the RoundCube error log to see what it says is going on.

Offline nostaw

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:30 PM »
Seems like a that is it...

The error log has lots of these messages:

[28-Aug-2013 19:28:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /Library/WebServer/Documents/roundcubemail-0.9.3/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_config.php on line 435
[28-Aug-2013 19:28:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /Library/WebServer/Documents/roundcubemail-0.9.3/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 132
[28-Aug-2013 19:28:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /Library/WebServer/Documents/roundcubemail-0.9.3/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 758

Looking at those files doesn't immediately suggest to me where I need to make a change... Can you suggest how to fix it?

TIA,

JW

Offline nostaw

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
Nevermind.... Some google searching and I figured out what you meant.

Date column is displaying correctly now after I updated /etc/php.ini and restarted the web server.

Thx!

JW

Offline nakerusa

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
I am experiencing this problem as well, although i made my changes to /etc/php.ini to specify the timezone
   [Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://www.php.net/manual/en/datetime.configuration.php#ini.date.timezone
;date.timezone = America/Chicago (this had been blank before)

i've restarted httpd and even ended up restarting the server and yet, the date is not displaying in any browser and i'm still getting the same error messages in the error log

[04-Oct-2013 10:55:40] PHP Warning:  date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /var/www/html/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_config.php on line 435
[04-Oct-2013 10:55:40] PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /var/www/html/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 132
[04-Oct-2013 10:55:40] PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in /var/www/html/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 758

I was considering going to each one of these to specify the date_default_timesone_set(), however the current line in these three .php files is:

// fallback to server's timezone
        return date_default_timezone_get();

I'm running Roundcube 0.9.4 (I think) on CentOS 5.2 64 Bit.

any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 02:54:56 PM »
You need to remove the ; from the front of the date.timezone line.

Offline nakerusa

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »
AARRGH!  I'm sorry, I totally missed the ";".  With that out of the way, it works like a champ.

Thank you for your help.