Author Topic: Help! Brackets round most the text!  (Read 3246 times)

Offline andygoodchild

Help! Brackets round most the text!
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
Hi,

I've just installed RoundCube to my web site and after running through the installation it's all working ok, except...

Most of the text (i.e. buttons, links, titles etc) are enclosed in square brackets?

I have no idea why, nor what I have done but it looks a bit odd and doesn't match the screen shots.

I'm running the stable 0.3 release version.

Anyone got any ideas - i've attached a screen shot.

Cheers in advanced!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 02:47:01 AM »
looks like you are missing some of the localizations, make sure you have uploaded the en_US folder and all its contents (rc root/program/localization/en_US) this has to be uploaded even if you have selected a different localization in your config since not all text might have been translated into that and en_US is the fallback and has all text in it.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:05:50 AM »
RoundCube automatically detects what language your browser is using, if its not getting a correct language from your browser it could be whats making it break. You could try changing $rcmail_config['language'] in config/main.inc.php to en_US to see if it works.
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['language'] = 'en_US';
I would also like to know what browser your using and if there is anything in your error log (RC root/logs/error)

Offline andygoodchild

Fixed!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:18:40 AM »
Many thanks to you both for you're prompt replies :)

JohnDoh you were spot on - I'd only copied the en_GB directory across thinking I'd save some space :o but obviously needed the other one two.  Copied the en_US across and it all works perfectly :D

Cheers,

Andy