Author Topic: Compose timeouts  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Ichiban

Compose timeouts
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »
Just deployed Roundcube 0.1-beta2 as a webmail client for a small sporting league. Awesome product and, conveniently, the only one which seemed to fulfill all the connectivity requirements I had.

The major problem some users seem to experience is timeouts during message composition. I've had this happen myself: Hit 'Reply-to' for a message, start composing the reply, take some time thinking about it and suddenly you're logged out. If you're lucky, some of what you typed up is saved to drafts, but often it is not.

Everyone reaches the system using https, if that matters. I tried playing with the session_timeout variable in the config but had no luck.

My question is, is this something that's fixed in the latest SVN? Would it be wise to try using the latest SVN or am I trading this composition problem for something (or many somethings) worse?

I completely understand this is beta software and thus likely to have issues. Just looking to see if there's a fix for this particular problem yet. Warts and all, this is still the best webmail client going.

Sorry if this is some sort of FAQ. I searched for "timeout" and "time out" and didn't see anything addressing the issue, so I figured it would be OK to post about it.

Thanks!

Offline markusd112

Re: Compose timeouts
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 02:41:51 AM »
Quote from: Ichiban
The major problem some users seem to experience is timeouts during message composition. I've had this happen myself: Hit 'Reply-to' for a message, start composing the reply, take some time thinking about it and suddenly you're logged out. If you're lucky, some of what you typed up is saved to drafts, but often it is not.

That's a thing that rankles me too: many times I am composing bigger textes and many times a session time out occurs. This issue should be solved with priority. Very good feature request, Ichiban.

Greetings, yours

Makrus