Author Topic: SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE! Error No. [500]  (Read 19089 times)

Offline gomesnz

SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE! Error No. [500]
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:45:11 AM »
I originally had  squirellmail running on WAMP on winxp and I decided to convert to RoundCube. I removed WAMP and moved over to the lastest version of XMAP. Installed  RoundCube and configured DB, imported the DB structure, and set email settings.  Opened the Webmail interface and I can login. But the returned page gives me

SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!

Error No. [500]

Error log =
[16-Oct-2013 20:44:05 +0200]: PHP Error: Configured crypto key 'HBe=*JmR8tVyXmMGzi0lC1' is not exactly 24 bytes long in C:\xampp\htdocs\Webmail\program\lib\Roundcube\rcube_config.php on line 338 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

I have commented out all the line items in .htaccess and it made no difference. I know this isn't  exactly a RoundCube problem but one related to PHP, Mysql and Apache. I did see a post that mentioned it was something to do with UTF8 in the DB. But I didn't understand that.

Can someone point me to the thread that details the resolution for this issue.

Most things work out of the box in PHP land, but this one has me stumped. Maybe I have to migrate it over to Ubuntu.

Appreciate any advise.

tks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE! Error No. [500]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »
in your rc config file look for des_key and set it to something that is 24 characters long, at the moment its only 17.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline gomesnz

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
Firstly thanks for replying.

I have just setup RoundCube on a Readynas Debian box and I get the same error. Must have made the same mistake  ;D

Sorry to be nube on this, where is the rc config file located ?

tks

Offline gomesnz

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
Awesome.  ;D

;D

Fixed it. Thanks for the answer, I knew it was simple. Hope this helps someone else.

Also, Duh!!, rc = RoundCube.......I found the file and fixed it.

Cheers