Author Topic: Login issue with Roundcube 0.9.4+UW-IMAP  (Read 3215 times)

Offline palmtree

Login issue with Roundcube 0.9.4+UW-IMAP
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
Hi I'm a newbee in Roundcubemail.

I have latest roundcubemail 0.9.4 on Redhat 6.4 to replace the SquirrelMail interacting with UW-IMAP backend, there are good amount of users could no longer log in to their mail box which previously they were able to with SquirrelMail.
After researching, i found the issue occurs when imap_auth_type is set to 'PLAIN' or 'NULL', it doesn't occur when it's set to 'LOGIN' (however this exposes users' password in IMAP log which is definitely a no-go).

By further looking into this, when users aren't able to login (with either 'PLAIN' or 'NULL' for imap_auth_type),

in roundcube/imap log, following is indicated,
[18-Oct-2013 15:03:45 -0400]: [4BD9] S: A0001 BAD Missing or invalid argument to AUTHENTICATE

whereas in roundcube/error, it says:
[18-Oct-2013 15:03:45 -0400]: IMAP Error: Login failed for pryorclone from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Missing or invalid argument to AUTHENTICATE in /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

at the same time, on the remote UW-IMAP server, it says:
Oct 18 15:03:45 rcf imapd[5491]: Unexpected client disconnect, while reading line user=??? host=hostname.domain [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

As you see, somehow the username wasn't passed correctly. And this doesn't seem to do with how password is formed whether or not it contains special characters or particular number of characters in the password etc.

I assume this happens with the combination of Roundcube+UW-IMAP as when I tested Roundcube+Dovecot (which is migrated from UW-IMAP has the same user database), this problem doesn't occur. Unfortunately UW-IMAP is our production and we'll have to solve this.
Can anyone advice what is possible way to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Palm