Author Topic: Calendar PlugIn  (Read 88251 times)

Offline sz

Calendar PlugIn
« on: May 08, 2007, 06:06:13 AM »
Hey,

i developed a calendar plugin for RC 0.1-beta2. it´s a first version for non productive use.
for a start RC and the Calendar are bundled.

here the link to SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rccalendar/

feedbacks and lists of wishes are welcome!

best regards,
sz

Offline Slug

Re: Calendar PlugIn
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:58:09 AM »
Can we get a screen shot please ;)
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline sz

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:38:05 PM »
of course. ;)

I know, the buttons are not very beautiful. If you have some handsome images, please send me them by mail. szels [at] gmx [dot] de

Offline lodder

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 04:59:27 AM »
It seems nice but when is it going to be added as a plugin ?

Offline sz

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 05:52:37 AM »
Thx.
As a real plugin it will not appear until the RC plugin API is implemented.
But if you would be satisfy with a patch (just 3 files has to be modified + localization files), i will publish a version without RC and give the necessary instructions to include the calendar. This will appear in 3-4 weeks. I have to add some stuff right now.

Offline lodder

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 07:55:30 AM »
oke that seems nice

and when does the api for plugins going to be released

Offline sz

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 11:41:37 AM »
i don´t know. this should be answered by the RC developer.

Offline Slug

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
The way things have been going the last 2 months, I very long time :'( BTW nice calendar.

Michael
Roundcube SVN 1335|PHP 5.2.4|hMailServer 5|Win 2003 SP2|IIS 6

Offline paritycheck

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 04:37:05 AM »
WOW, this is a great calender keep up the great work guys...

Offline sz

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 06:52:32 PM »
Ups, I have forgot to note that the rccalendar.zip contains a PHP5 version of the calendar. ::)
I have now published on http://sourceforge.net/projects/rccalendar/ a version especially for PHP4.

Offline michelbacher

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 05:52:35 AM »
Hi,

the calender plugin is looking quite good. Do you have a description, how I can implement it into the newes release of roundcube?

What do I have to change?

Thanks in advance.
Fabian

Offline Florianer

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Hi,

I have webspace from All-Inkl.com and they have RoundCube listed in there Software Installer. So I tried it out - this is 2 days ago, and I'm fascinating. Today I had a look around alternative AJAX-webmailer, but I guess, I stay with RoundCube (Zimbra is the only one with looks nice and comforable too). Looking about Plug-ins, I found this nice calendar. Now, this is my first post, I know, but I want to know, if your are going on working on it, because I found a few points, I'm not glad with.
1) The entry-page looks like the empty contact page - why not (user defined) week overview (sorry found Wochenansicht not on pons, or is it right?)
2) How can I localize the calendar labels OR why are only the 5 menu buttons localized?
3) If I create a calendar, I can set a description. Where is it supposed to show up?
4) It would be nice to create a new entry by clicking on date/time on the calendar -> pre-fulfilled
  - but it would be much nicer, if I can draw a rectangle to mark a time period. This brings me to my next point.
5) You allow a time period for a new entry - why is this entry only shown on the start time. Wouldn't it be a more optical 'highlight', if this entry will appear in "a colored div"?
6) I can set up more than one calendar - Here would be a optical separation very helpful.
7) I just tested it out (because of 6 & I was curious :P), if this second test calendar is also visible to others. Didn't work... OK. Better ;) but did you see the possibility to share a calendar, or is this meant by "invite someone" what will come soon?

hmm... I think, I got all points :) Hope, you will see this as helpful thought / questions and not as a negative critic on your work. I just had a quick overview over your code - I see, I need to get in touch with AJAX. That is a so nice playground...

nice day and best greetings from Karlsruhe, Germany
Florian Mycka
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »
I really like the start of this calendar plug in I am realy looking forward to seeing this as time goes on! Thanks!

Offline NaiosKae

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 11:53:38 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible to only have changes to apply instead of the whole rc+rccal ?

I already have installed enhancments and I don't want to loose them.

Thanks a lot

Offline sz

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
Hi,

sorry for my long absence and thx for the great feedback.
Next week I will publish a version which contains only the plugin files.

@Florianer: thanks for your criticism and ideas, thats why I released this early version.
1) no problem
2) this first version has no real localization (only the 5 buttons), is on todo list
3) & 6) nowhere, but i will add a box where you can (de)activate your calendars. In this box you can read your description
4) & 5) OK, is on todo list
7) If you give a party, you can add this event in your calendar. In the invitation textbox you can add email adresses of your friends. They will receive an invitation by email with the details of this event. Then they can refuse or accept your invitation. In the event details you can see the status of your invited guests.

It seems I have a lot to do. :D
If someone wants to help me, feel free to contact me. ;D