Author Topic: IMAP+TLS Support  (Read 6689 times)

Offline ferricoxide

IMAP+TLS Support
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:04:13 PM »
Currently using the most recent version of WU IMAP compiled against the latest version of OpenSSL. The result is that WU IMAP now seems to prefer to do TLS (STARTLS) versus SSL. I had to update my SquirrelMail to compensate for this, but, RoundCube doesn't seem to grok IMAP+STARTTLS. I tried setting the IMAP url to "tls://my.server.name", but RC simply fails to connect because it converts the connect string to ssl://my.server.name.

RC looks really nifty: I'd like to try it. Unfortunately, until I can get it to talk STARTTLS to my IMAP server, I'm kind of boned.

Offline yourregistrationisbroken

IMAP+TLS Support
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
Quote from: ferricoxide;6435

RC looks really nifty: I'd like to try it. Unfortunately, until I can get it to talk STARTTLS to my IMAP server, I'm kind of boned.

Same here, I hacked in STARTTLS support in my version, wireshark says it's working, and my mail shows up (sometimes, but that's another issue (http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1485283))

Here's a patch, it probably doesn't work with NON-TLS enabled servers, so don't use this unless you have a server that absolutely requires STARTTLS, or you know what you're doing.

It requires PHP-5.2.X and it doesn't do much error checking, use wireshark yourself to see what's going on.

cd roundcube/program/lib/
wget "this attachment url" -O starttls_rc.diff
patch -p3 --dry-run < starttls_rc.diff
[check for errors]
patch -p3  < starttls_rc.diff