Author Topic: Vacation plugin not working  (Read 8491 times)

Offline dsdoyle

Vacation plugin not working
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
Hello and thank you for your time,

I have installed the vacation plugin from http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/,  In the instructions it says:

chown $apache_user plugins/vacation/config.ini
chmod 0400 plugins/vacation/config.ini

When I do the first line, I get the error:  chown: missing operand after config.ini

When I have it enabled and I try to access, I get the error:

CONFIGURATION ERROR
Vacation plugin: Cannot connect to the FTP-server 'GEMLIN0000'
Please read the INSTALL instructions!

GEMLIN000 is the correct server name.  I have tried the IP address and get the same error.

I am using Postfix, Dovecot and ProFTPd

Please advise.

Have a great day,

Don
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:29:05 PM by dsdoyle »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Re: Vacation plugin not working
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
First test is to verify that you actually can connect via FTP from your RC host to GEMLIN0000. Try to FTP manually at the command line of the RC host. If that works, it's time to look at the plugin config in more depth.

But if not, you will need to determine what is preventing the FTP connection - firewalls, FTP config on GEMLIN0000, etc.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline dsdoyle

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
Hello,

I do not know what RC host is, but I can FTP into the server remotely using an account named ftplogin I created.

One thing I just thought of, I have the FTP port set to 2121.

Please advise.

Have a great day,

Don

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »
RC host is the server you have Roundcube installed on. You need to verify that the server where RC lives can FTP to the mail server first. Once you know that works, you can start troubleshooting the plugin.

But I don't recall seeing any config options in the plugin that I use to specify a custom port. So that may be your problem. The plugin is probably trying to use the normal port for FTP (21). I don't think you can make it talk to port 2121 without  editing the ftp.class.php in the lib folder inside the plugin. Perhaps that's all you need.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline dsdoyle

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:03:06 AM »
Hello,

I changed the port on ftp.class.php to 2121, now I am getting:

CONFIGURATION ERROR

Vacation plugin: Cannot login to FTP-server 'GEMLIN0000' with
username: user@domain.net

Clearly, the userdomain.net does not have permission to FTP.  I cannot figure out what the syntax should be in the config.ini file so I can set a username.

Please advise.

Have a great day,

Don

Offline dsdoyle

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 01:27:11 AM »
Hello,

I found it!  In the ftp.class.php file, the lines:

$username = Q($this->user->data['username']);
$userpass = $this->rcmail->decrypt($_SESSION['password']);

changed to:

$username = 'username';
$userpass = 'password';

Does this mean that everyone that uses vacation will be overwriting each other?  Please let me know.

Next issue, is there a site where I can see what the page looks like?  Mine is to the upper left of the window and is being obstructed by the logo.  I cannot access the Send a Notification check box.

Any ideas?

Have a great day,

Don
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:31:54 AM by dsdoyle »

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »
What you have done with username and password will not work. Each user needs to be able to FTP using the same authentication that is used to login to Roundcube (which is actually the mail server authentication). FTP on the mail server needs to accept logins for each local user, and allow write and file create (not just read-only). The local users's FTP directory needs to default to the root of their mailbox.

There is no reason to modify or change anything more in the plugin until you can confirm that a mail user can FTP directly to their mailbox using the same username and password that they use for email, and that once connected that they do have permission to write files their. Do not do any more edits to the plugin until you know that the FTP config on the mail server is correct and working.

You can leave the port change in place, but you need to undo the username/password change you made.

Once everything has been reconfigured and is tested to be working, I have made changes to my copy of that plugin so that it displays correctly in the Larry skin, and I can help you with that as well. But until you can demonstrate that FTP on the mail server is working as is necessary, there's no need to work on the plugin any farther.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline lenawaii

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm here to get some help. I just installed vacation module for Roundcube in my server and I've got the same issue :
CONFIGURATION ERROR
Vacation plugin: Cannot login to FTP-server 'localhost' with username: postmaster@mydomain.com

I've got a centos with Kloxo MR
websites are in /home/user/...
emails are in  /home/lxadmin/mail/domains/mydomain.com
FTP works fine in home directory
i do not have /usr/bin/vacation file

Here are below with conf file:

[default]
driver = "ftp"
subject = "Default subject"
body = "default.txt"

[dotforward]