Author Topic: IMAP Error: Could not connect to localhost  (Read 6320 times)

Offline wessels

IMAP Error: Could not connect to localhost
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »
I have been trying to get roundcube working for a few days now and have installed and resetup several times and continue to get this error in the error logs:

[09-May-2007 13:30:12 -0700] IMAP Error: Could not connect to localhost at port 143: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
 in on line 0

Now, I have the DB setup, and I know for a fact that hMailServer is working as I have squirrelmail working just fine. I have created the roundcube account with the need privileges and cant seem to get it to login....Anyone seen this before?

Telnet shows it connecting just fine to that port (143) and the main.inc.php file is connecting to localhost on 143.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Thanks!

Offline wessels

Re: IMAP Error: Could not connect to localhost
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
FIXED: THe problem seemed to be the fact that the mail.inc.php required the host to be '127.0.0.1' rather than localhost or the IP. Not sure why, my machine was listening on all so this might be a restriction of roundcube?

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = '127.0.0.1';

THANKS!