Author Topic: How to install a plugin  (Read 14938 times)

Offline JSkeletti

How to install a plugin
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »
Hi!

Can someone please write a short summery how do I install a plugin? Where do I have to unzip the file I downloaded? Where is the directory? Where do I have to create it?

Thank you!

Offline along

How to install a plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:16:06 AM »
anybody can help me...i also need guide on this...:D

Offline horfic

How to install a plugin
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 06:16:45 AM »
Which plugin?

Offline along

How to install a plugin
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »
can we start on "change user password" 1st...i really want to know about it...:D

Offline horfic

How to install a plugin
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 05:36:29 AM »
There are three versions of plugin.
1.) You get a patch file and use ssh client with the patch command to patch your roundcube.

2.) You get the modified files and you have to replace them with the original one.

3.) You get a protokoll, which contains the Lines and filenames you have to edit.

For which one?

PS: Every Plugin can be different. So give me the link to the Plugin you wish to install!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:21:16 PM by horfic »

Offline ex_sqm

How to install a plugin
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
I think the OP is looking for
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['plugins'] in inc/main.inc.php

Offline rosali

How to install a plugin
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
Let's clarify. The current official release (0.2.1 - stable) does not have a plugin api. So you have to patch the source code to get additional features. Since SVN 2400 the developement trunk version (trac.roundcube.net) has a partially documented plugin api. Look into plugins folder to see some examples. "ex_sqm" seems to refer to SVN trunk since the config $rcmail_config['plugins'] was introduced recently in SVN trunk. It is not available in the last official release.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline ex_sqm

How to install a plugin
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 03:22:52 AM »
Quote from: rosali;18620
"ex_sqm" seems to refer to SVN trunk since the config $rcmail_config['plugins'] was introduced recently in SVN trunk. It is not available in the last official release.

That is correct. Yesterday, after updating to r2413, I saw the new plugins directory, asked myself "what the heck is this", looked into a sample plugin, saw the reference to main.inc.php, had a look into main.inc.php.dist - and was delighted :-)