Author Topic: Attachements are not shown correctly  (Read 9166 times)

Offline visualmike

Attachements are not shown correctly
« on: May 18, 2007, 07:09:49 PM »
HI,

i updated today to newest svn version and now i cant view attachments correctly.
I change the default encoding from apache to UTF-8 but this doesn't solve the problems.

Attached you can find a screenshot.

Please help me.

Many thanks for your great work and best regards

Mike

Offline visualmike

Re: Attachements are not shown correctly
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 03:26:13 PM »
Update: i use the latest VN build.

thanks

mike

Offline Zindy

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:51:54 PM »
Hi there,

after installing the rc1 i have the same problem. I didn't upgrade it, its a new installation and a new database.
Anyone have an idea?

thx

Zindy

Offline wagonza

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 02:48:01 AM »
I also have the same problem, using an upgraded version and a new installation. It returns the same the garbage as Mike experienced. I also tried the latest SVN build but that was the also the same.

webserver: lighttpd
php: php 4.4.7

Thanks
/W

Offline rockwilda

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »
I've got the same Problem with lastest svn build and rc1. Fresh database/installation.

With beta2 it works on the same server ...

Offline rockwilda

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
I changed the language from german to english, know it works :)

Found follwing in the error log:

[25-May-2007 18:06:49] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 73
[25-May-2007 18:06:49] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 111
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 64
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 65
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 66
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 67
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 72
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 73
[25-May-2007 18:06:55] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/localization/de_DE/messages.inc:1) in /var/www/subdomain/mail_svn/program/steps/mail/get.inc on line 111

Nico

Offline Jo_shi

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 03:56:17 AM »
I have edited the messages.inc in program/localization/de_DE/
Some ä, ö, ü in the alerts are coded as ae, oe, ue. I don't know why in rc1 the Umlaute are not shown in the alert-messages. Say me if something is wrong.

I have edited the messages.inc last on 2007-05-29 at 10:21 AM

Greetings Jo_shi

Offline Julien

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:06:29 AM »
Hi,
You've probably edited your messages.inc with an utf8 editor and it added the bom in the begining of the file.
Open the file with Notepad++ and set the encoding to ansi and it will work !

Offline Jo_shi

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »
Thank you for your hind!

Offline dangra

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 01:30:46 PM »
Quote from: Julien
Hi,
You've probably edited your messages.inc with an utf8 editor and it added the bom in the begining of the file.
Open the file with Notepad++ and set the encoding to ansi and it will work !

convert files in program/localization/language/ from utf-8 to ascii

Code: [Select]
iconv -c -f utf8 -t ascii messages.inc >messages.new
mv messages.new messages.inc

iconv -c -f utf8 -t ascii labels.inc >labels.new
mv labels.new labels.inc

Offline xtremesk8

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »
Hi,

I'm having problems with .pps extencions. With the Save link as... put a .html file type but if you change to .pps and try to open doen't work.

Is a way to put a function to download the file as is: .ppt, .pps, .pdf, .jpg, etc.

I resolve the problem with .jpg files changing the message.inc to utf-8 in notepad. label.inc in utf-8 to.

Offline pablolagosm

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
I had this problem too...

I've the RC1 translated to Spanish.

The solution was open labels.inc and messages.inc in notepad++ and saving as ANSI.

Worked great!! Thank you.

Offline umano

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
I have the same issue, I've tried to open localization file with notepad++ and save them in ansi without bom,
but it still doesn't work. I've tried to upload the beta2 localization files (en gb) but nothing works

I have apache 1.3.37 php 5.2.2 mysql 5.0.27-standard.

Thank you 4 your help

Offline m2k

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 03:30:47 AM »
As already mentioned in some other threads, there is a special character at the beginning of some localization-files.

If you view the files with "less" you see in the first line

So, you have to delete the first line with an editor an write it new (
Following files are affected:

localization/de_DE/messages.inc
localization/es/messages.inc
localization/es/labels.inc
localization/ca/labels.inc
localization/ca/messages.inc
localization/si/messages.inc