Author Topic: New File Added: simple_3-column  (Read 8694 times)

Offline pfarmer

New File Added: simple_3-column
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »
Downloads: A new file has been added by  pfarmer:

simple_3-column

Provides a 3-column display (with a vertical preview pane) while changing as little else to the default skin as possible.

Pete Farmer
Release 0.9
29-Nov-2008

Notes:

With a wide-screen display, I prefer a 3-column layout (with the preview pane to the right, rather than underneath, the mailbox contents listing).  However, I experienced some 'funkiness' with the default_3-column skin posted by johnwoo -- sometimes I couldn't get the vertical splitter between the mailbox list and the preview screen to hold still!

So -- I developed a skin (attached) called simple_3-column. For this screen I tried to make as few changes to the default skin as possible while creating a right-side preview pane that would fill up the width between the mailbox contents listing and the right edge of the 'mailright' container.

The three files that are changed, relative to the default skin, are:
  • mail.css
  • splitter.js
  • templates/mail.html

Changes made to these files are documented with comments within the files. Additionally, the ZIP file with the skin includes UNIX 'diff' files that highlights the changes that have been made, plus a screenshot.

The files that had been included in the original default skin are included as mail.css.dist, splitter.js.dist, and templates/mail.html.dist.

Pete Farmer
pfarmer@collaboros.com

Offline pfarmer

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:38:25 PM »
simple_3-column has been updated!

Offline pfarmer

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
simple_3-column has been updated!

Offline stib

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
I like the way this theme works, but for some reason I get borders around all the buttons - see picture. This is FF 3.0.5 on OS X 10.5.5

Also there is no drop down for filtering the folder by read / unread/ replied to etc, as there is in the default theme (there don't seem to be any themes that do). I had a look at mail.css and tried removing a few of the borders, but only succeeded in totally boloxing it up.

-Stib

Offline rosali

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »
common.css
Code: [Select]

img
{
  behavior: url('skins/default/pngbehavior.htc');
  border: 0; /* <--- IMPORTANT !!!! */
}
Regards,