Author Topic: Login problem  (Read 5186 times)

Offline jette

Login problem
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:16:18 AM »
Dear all,

I don't know if the following suitation is a feature or bug.

I can login my account without any problem at the first time. However, when I logout and want to login again, I got the failed message. I need to close the browser and start it again, then I can login again. I have tried IE and Firefox, they got the same problem.

Regards,
Jette

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Login problem
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 03:01:34 AM »
Is there any errors in the error log?

Offline jette

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:22:24 AM »
Quote from: SKaero
Is there any errors in the error log?

No error message but I found that if I try to login two account in the same computer, then it will happened. I have tried to login two account with IE, then I got "Login failed" in IE again.

Regards,
Jette

Offline BlackCap

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 07:51:50 AM »
Hey.
i had the same problem or close...
in IE 7.0.5730.11 the login page only reloaded after each login, in the mysql db the user was made.. (DANM my English sucks :-[ ).
Then i installed FireFox and tried again, the login was a success.. :D

haven't got a clue to a fix, other then use firefox rather then IE..

BlackCap a danish dude..

(Love the spellcheck...)

update...

This is weird.. very weird... after i was able to login true firefox it is working in IE...

Offline fsjjeff

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:02:57 PM »
I am seeing the same kind of problem using one of the more recent SVNs....

Basically I can load my browser on Mac and successfully logon 1-4 times, then suddenly all I can get is Logon failed messages, even if I try to logon as a different user. I have seen this behaviour on Safari (v3), Camino and Firefox on Macintosh.

Interestingly, I just tried FireFox and IE on a Windows 2003 server and am NOT seeing the problem... Tried it again on a Windows 2000 box and the problem is also occuring there.

I've looked in my IMAP server logs and see nothing, I've turned debugging to level 4 and 8 and see nothing in the resulting log files (8 generates the console file which tells me what's happening, but when this starts it no longer logs anything).

Any ideas? Anyone?

Offline anomaly

Re: Login problem - me too!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 06:33:05 PM »
Running roundcubemail-0.1-rc1 on OS X, connecting from FireFox 2.0.0.4, I started getting "Login Failed" messages for multiple users. When I fire up IE 6, I am able to log in without error. If I shut down and restart FireFox, I am able to log in without error.

No errors in the error log.

Anything I should test for? FWIW, I've been running this config for 6 weeks without seeing this behavior.

Offline fsjjeff

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 06:43:11 PM »
Hmmmm... one of my coworkers just traced it to a cookie that gets stored in your browser with the sessionid. If you login/logout a few times till you get this issue (logon failed, won't let any users logon from that browser without quitting and re-opening browser), you can then go in and delete the cookie for your webserver, then reenter your username / password - it will give you an error saying your browser doesn't accept cookies, but if you do it again it will let you login fine...

So we suspect roundcube should be clearing that sessid out of the Cookie when you logout, but for some reason isn't doing this consistently.

Offline fsjjeff

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »
I just setup a second test install with a brand new database (had seen someone with a similar issue who resolved it by flushing and redoing the db) but same thing. I get one or two logins before suddenly I can't log in as anybody, unless I remove my cookie.

Offline mautik

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »
i have the same problem but cleaning the session folder and the db work again

any idea why do that?