Author Topic: No e-mail addresses in LDAP contacts?  (Read 8641 times)

Offline rtomanek

No e-mail addresses in LDAP contacts?
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »
Hi,

all contacts returned from an LDAP search only have 'Display name' filled with data, other fields are empty. The main problem is of course the lack of e-mail address, as I cannot compose a message to this contact (well, I can, but the address in To: will be "Firstname Lastname <>").

Any hints? My LDAP schema is rather classic and works flawlessly (as far as typical expectations for LDAP go...) with my other e-mail clients. Server is OpenLDAP.

Thanks,
r.

PS. It would be great to have address autocomplete (with LDAP as datasource) in To, CC, BCC fields while composing a message -- I see there is an unofficial patch for it (http://lists.roundcube.net/mail-archive/roundcube.dev/2006/12/2/) but it would be great to have it in the official version (ticket #1483899, http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1483899) soon. Thanks!

Offline rtomanek

Re: No e-mail addresses in LDAP contacts?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
Gosh, that was my fault. I finally tracked it down to a changed field name in main.inc.php ('mail_field' in beta2 to 'email_field' in rc1), only to find that it is clearly stated in the upgrade instructions. I missed it due to the fact that I haven't been using LDAP in beta2 (so I just skipped this piece of instruction while upgrading) and later, when I decided to use it in RC1 it bit my ass (due to the outdated config file).

Sorry for the confusion,
r.

Offline rtomanek

Re: No e-mail addresses in LDAP contacts?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »
One more thing: the side effect of this investigation is a simple idea on how to have the 'First name' and 'Last name' fields filled out for LDAP contacts (which are empty, in my case) -- just add:
Code: [Select]
'firstname_field' => 'givenName',
 'surname_field'  => 'sn',
to LDAP configuration section in main.inc.php. That's it!

Regards,
r.