Author Topic: Configuring Roundcube for SSL on MAC OS X Server 3.0.2 on Mavericks  (Read 20049 times)

Offline rosecottage

Let me start with an apology, I have done a search for this on the site already and didn't find what I was looking for - possibly i just didn't understand the stuff I saw. Sorry to annoy any hardened forum members.

I am new to the Mac and even newer to Roundcube. I have a Mavericks server running the latest OS X Server (is it 10.9.1) and mail. All is working fine and I can use a mail client to access the mail service remotely via SSL.

I wanted to have a webmail interface and read that the OS X Server used to have Roundcube. So I downloaded from here the Mavericks free version. It installed perfectly and is working beautifully. It really is wonderful. However, I just accessed my test mail environment from the office and could only get to webmail over HTTP.

Do I need to set anything in RC to force SSL access only? I would ultimately like to provide a customised (my corporate banner anyway) version of webmail accessible only over HTTPS.

I'm not safe with the editing of too many raw config files on the Mac yet as I am blind to the fundamentals at the moment,

If anyone can give me some advice that doesn't include suggestions for self harm that would be really grateful,

All the best,
Sam

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Configuring Roundcube for SSL on MAC OS X Server 3.0.2 on Mavericks
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
Enable the force_https config option in the main.inc.php.

Offline rosecottage

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:29:33 PM »
SKaero,
many thanks...I have now forced SSL and thanks to you discovered the correct file and changed my logo too!

Have a lovely weekend,
Sam

Offline joo003464

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »
Its been nice to go through your post.
It has given me much knowledge & so many valuable information.

I'm feeling very nice to be here. so enjoyable... :) :) :)

Offline simonpkm

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:59:08 AM »
Don't mind, I crash in to this topic, regarding round cube, I have already setup the mavericks server mail function, could this round cube add as a webmail agent to activate the webmail portion?