Author Topic: Included Password plugin does not work with hmail and php 5.5.7 on Windows  (Read 21083 times)

Offline RickSaysMeh

Disclaimer: I have never successfully configured the password plugin to work with hmail on Roundcube.

My system:
Windows 2008 R2 Standard
hMailServer 5.4-B1950
Roundcube 0.9.5
PHP 5.5.7 non thread safe

I have enabled dcom in php.ini. I have added the IUSR account to the DCOM properties of hMailServer. I have modified the password config.inc.php to use hmail, remote server=false, server=localhost. In Roundcube web interface I see the password option in Settings, but when I enter a new password it just shows the standard "The website cannot display the page" message with the URL: http://serveraddress/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save

Previously with PHP 5.3 and Roundcube 0.9.2. It would display an error message on the password page (can't remember what it said).

Any ideas?

EDIT: RESOLVED
With PHP 5.5.7 in the php.ini file you need to both:
Uncomment the line: com.allow_dcom = true
Add the line: extension=php_com_dotnet.dll

In the DCOM Config properties for hMailServer, add IIS_IUSRS to Launch and Activation Permissions with local allow access (I also added it to Access Permissions and Configuration Permissions, but I don't think those are necessary)

After making these changes, the password plugin works as expected!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:59:28 PM by RickSaysMeh »

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Included Password plugin does not work with hmail and php 5.5.7 on Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
Is there anything in the server logs?

Offline RickSaysMeh

There is nothing in the Windows logs.

The Rouncube log shows this entry:

[01-Jan-2014 20:38:02 US/Eastern] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'COM' not found in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\roundcube\plugins\password\drivers\hmail.php on line 26

Offline RickSaysMeh

Sorry for the double post.

I added this line to the php.ini file:
extension=php_com_dotnet.dll

Now I don't get the page cannot be displayed error, but roundcube pops up an error saying the password could not be saved. This is what is in the log file:
[01-Jan-2014 21:14:58 -0500]: Plugin password (hmail driver): Failed to create COM object `hMailServer.Application': Access is denied.
[01-Jan-2014 21:14:58 -0500]: Plugin password (hmail driver): This problem is often caused by DCOM permissions not being set.

I gave the IUSR account access in DCOM, but maybe that wasn't right?

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
I'm not a Windows expert so I'm afraid I can't be of too much more help, but it sounds like this problem: http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php?topic=7329.0

Offline RickSaysMeh

I managed to resolve the issue! See my edit on the first post.

Also, can a moderator move this to the Resolved section?