Author Topic: Plagued by a non functional 'back' button  (Read 8390 times)

Offline tdeath

Plagued by a non functional 'back' button
« on: July 21, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
the SVN release and the stable release both have non functional back buttons when reading messages, I'm sure this has got to be something wrong on my side, any ideas?

Jeremy

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Plagued by a non functional 'back' button
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 09:06:51 AM »
It's what happens with AJAX sites. The back button becomes disabled as everything is done from one page. That's why there is Roundcube's back button.

That's one reason why I think roundcube should be opened in a small pop-up window with no menu-bar or address-bar. Just the Status-bar and the window. Allow it to be resizable and you're good to go.

Offline tdeath

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 09:13:11 AM »
Well, I mean the roundcube backbutton isn't working... that's the one I like of course, much more convenient :)

Offline tdeath

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 09:16:17 AM »
I'm about to roll this out to 150 webmail users after some kinks are worked out, would you advise this as being ok(really curious to see how it handles load..)

Jeremy

Offline tdeath

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »
You need any of my sys info?

**update**

It would appear the buttoncommand 'list' is not functional across the board, I verified it's not the web browser at several locations(firefox/1.5.0.4/NT5.1, IE6SP2, several different machines) - seems to be on the server side, heres my basic setup:

Apache 1.3.34(FreeBSD 5.2R) / PHP-4.4.2 / mod_ssl-2.8.25 / OpenSSL-0.9.8a

Hope that helps..

Jeremy

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »
As for rolling it out to 150 different users, 3g.com or something like that has already started using Roundcube as their client (although they completely reworked the design, and didn't show credit :(). So it should handle your load fine, as long as your database server can handle it.

As for the back button still not working: My guess is if it doesn't work for you, it probably doesn't work in your version. The SVN doesn't display this issue. So wait for 0.1-beta2 and see if it still is an issue. Then I'd say it's probably your setup, not the code :(

Offline jan.gestre

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 03:56:12 PM »
that's a shame, taking someone's work and didn't even bothered to mention where they got it :ticked:

Offline tdeath

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:02:22 PM »
Yeah it probably is my setup, I installed SVN v276 and it exhibited the same problem, as well as the 'getmail' function not working, I'll go over my configs with a fine toothed comb, dunno what else it could really be if it's working for everyone else.

Jeremy

Offline bozhe

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 10:46:43 AM »
I'm using SVN ver. 276 and I also have a non-functional back button. I used 2 other SVN versions before as well as the beta version and I don't recall there being a problem then. I think I might go back to SVN 273 and see if it works.

Joe