Author Topic: confirmation of reading/of receiving  (Read 18901 times)

Offline Florianer

confirmation of reading/of receiving
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:07:13 AM »
Hi,

2 things:

1) I can choose confirmation of reading when I compose a new mail. I like to have also a checkbox for confirmation of receiving.
2) I'm not sure, but I think the German translation of confirmation of reading is a bit confusing. Empfangsbestätigung should be Lesebestätigung, while Empfangsbestätigung is the requested feature of getting a notice, whether the mail could be delivered by the mail server or not.
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline reeme

Re: confirmation of reading/of receiving
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 06:00:05 PM »
I believe the read receipt function of roundcube is not working properly...
I sent an email with a read receipt from another account to the one controlled with roundcube. I opened it and nothing happend. No read receipt was sent to the initial account and neither did the roundcube account inform me that a read receipt had been sent longside the email...

is that a bug? or a feature request? ;)
anyway, it be cool if it was implemented..

Offline exp

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »
Hi

I think its a feature request, but i mean we need this! I hope its coming with one of the next releases.

Andy

Offline kmn

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »
The feature is already there in the current release, but it does not work.

Offline kmn

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:53:20 AM »
Hello,

Can anybody confirm whether the read receipt function is working in RC2.

Thanks

kmn

Offline dano

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
Sending a read receipt from RC works if the recipient reads it with a client other than a webmail app (tested with outlook). I believe this is a limitation of webmail applications not being able to support read receipts as I tested it with gmail, hotmail, and RC.

Offline kmn

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »

Offline Florianer

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:04:38 AM »
Hi again,
I like to retry my 'request'.
I tested again (and using this feature).
The option "Return receipt" ("Empfangesbestätigung" in German) should never ask the recipient anything. This is something the server has to do.
Example:
Option on, sending an important mail from my address in RC to someone@web.de. Now, with this option, mx-ha02.web.de[217.72.192.188] has to automatically inform my, if
"Your mail has successfully be delivered to the following recipients: someone@web.de"
Or to tell my something like this:
"This is a notification: Your mail to someone@web.de could not be delivered, because the mail box is unknown."

By the way: This has to come from my mailserver, if, in this case, i am not allowed:
The mail system
: delivery temporarily suspended: host mx-ha02.web.de[217.72.192.188] refused to talk to me: 554 Transaction failed. For explanation visit http://freemail.web.de/reject/?ip=85.13.138.34

-----------------------------------
This is what I expect, the "Return receipt" ("Empfangesbestätigung") should do. So, this is not really a bug. It is mislabeled! What the option really does is, is the "Read Receipt" ("Lesebestätigung"). And this is working, because, option on, sending this mail to anyone@web.de, the recipient is asked to, whether he or she wants to send back a message, that she or he has this mail opened (and hopefully read!)

Something about mislabeled... I looked up "Lesebestätigung" in Leo.de and get the following:

Betrifft   Lesebestätigung
Kontext/ Beispiele   eine Lesebestätigung anfordern (Erklärung: das Lesen meiner gesendeten Emails bei Emailprogrammen bestätigen lassen, z.B. Microsoft Outlook)

Ãœbersetzung   Read Receipt
Kontext/ Beispiele   'Read Receipt' oder 'Return Receipt' in Netscape.

So, "Return Receipt" is maybe OK, but "Read Receipt" would get the point better.
OK, so many text for this simple function ;) Have I made myself clear? If "Return Receipt" stands for "Read Receipt" than the coders of RC are right and have done a great job... they have done it anyway ;) ... but then the translation into German is not proper, and I am still missing the "Return Receipt" pointed out at the top of my post.
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline kmn

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »
Hello,

The read-receipt feature has been incorporated in the release 938 in SVN. Please download it and try from the SVN at the link below:

http://nightly.roundcube.net/trunk/roundcubemail-trunk-r938-20071210.tgz

Post your comments and suggestions to:

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1483963

But it seems that the feature has been implemeneted in en_US only for the time being.

A big "Thank You" to Thomas for promptly accepting and attending to this.

Regards

kmn