Author Topic: Plug in for Joomla  (Read 22867 times)

Offline abhisek

Plug in for Joomla
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:39 PM »
I use Joomla for my site. So I am searching for a plug in so that I can integrate Roundcube with joomla. It means whenever a person signs up on joomla,automatically gets signed up for roundcube mail. Is there any such plug in?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Plug in for Joomla
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:22:03 PM »
Not that I know of, Remember roundcube is still in beta, so theres not going to be that many plug-ins like that for it ;)

Offline roulottes

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:08:13 AM »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 02:14:56 AM »
Thanks for the link! ;D

Offline abhisek

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »
Thanx. I am gonna try this component & see if it works. Otherwise I will just use the wrapper.

Offline dloendorf

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 09:02:09 AM »
Please refer to the post http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1896.msg8785#msg8785 for a method to integrate Joomla and RoundCube.

Offline daoscor

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 01:43:11 PM »
Hey,

in addition you can use wrapper-login-XT for Joomla (http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/wrapper_login).
How to set-up the connection is described on http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/187/9592/Wrapper-login-XT_manual.pdf. In addition the developer has described how to set-up for round-cube (http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/wrapper_login/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=5514&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=2143)
I've tested the component using WL category.

The main difference to 'Roundcube for Joomla' is the separation of joomlöa and roundcube. The component 'Roundcube for Joomla' is setting up an additional roundcube installation within the joomla instance. More over you can't easily use SVN versions etc.

Daniel

Offline dloendorf

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »
I am not sure how this will automatically log the user into roundcube and connect to the imap server. The imap server requires one to pass a decrypted password. Since Joomla encrypts with MD5, it is not possible to decrypt to get the password to send to the imap server. The patch I presented will let you wrap Roundube in Joomla, i.e., setup a menu item, so when you select that menu item you will go directly to your inbox in RoundCube.

I looked at the reference url's you mentioned and it appears they still require you to press a login button to login to RoundCube (imap sevrer). Also, how do you allow many users of your site to automatically login to RoundCube. It appears you can set up multiple sites for a single user, but how do I allow multiple users to automatically login to RoundCube usng a single menu item in Joomla?

Am I missing something?

David

Offline daoscor

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 04:04:09 AM »
Dear David,

pressing the login button was an issue. This has been solved.
In addition you can use WL categories and maintain the users password (for each of them). As mentioned, I've tested it and it's working.

I won't say that this is a perfect way to wrap roundcube, just another alternative which offfers the opportunity to run joomla and roundcube in different areas (e.g. joomla.domain.com and webmail.domain.com). Moreover you can handle Joomla and Roundcube separately.

Best regards,
Daniel

Eynar

Plug in for Joomla
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »
Quote from: roulottes;6841
Yes, You find one at Roundcube for Joomla - Joomla! Extensions Directory

(I didn't try it).

This plugin has been unpublished!