Author Topic: Installation Question(s), help a newb  (Read 5593 times)

Offline mrselfdestruct

Installation Question(s), help a newb
« on: June 17, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »
RoundCube will be my first experience installing webmail software, so be gentle...

I just purchased some webspace and a domain from powweb, and they offer an "Instant Installer" tool for various software. Ive already installed a few packages for my webspace (mainly just drupal, and gallery2)... and now I am interested in a RoundCube install.

I setup a mysql database, and then I did a typical "Instant Install" of RoundCube from powweb's user tools. It seems like it installed properly, but I cant figure out how to get started with it. When I visit the address of the folder I installed RoundCube in... all I see is a spot for a user and password. I have tried the to login with various user/passes from the mysql install, and my webspace installs... but those dont work for obvious reasons Im sure.

So.... where/how do I define my username and password after a first-time install?

Offline rauzer

Re: Installation Question(s), help a newb
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:16:12 AM »
You would need to specify the username/password you use to access your mail on your webspace. Just like the way you connect to that mail account using Thunderbird or Outlook at home.

Offline mrselfdestruct

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:09:14 AM »
Quote from: rauzer
You would need to specify the username/password you use to access your mail on your webspace. Just like the way you connect to that mail account using Thunderbird or Outlook at home.

The login info that I use for my email when Im using thunderbird does not allow me to login to my RoundCube install. I just use my email address as my username, and the password for my powweb account as my pass.

I was reading in a roundcube install guide that my login would be my username@mydomain.com.... but that didnt work either.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Im really looking forward to checking out what roudcube can do

Offline rauzer

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:45:43 PM »
If you have tried the username/password@server ... I must say I have had a similar experience. I evn posted a message describing my problems of which I thought they were RC->SASL related. I have a Cyrus IMAP mailserver for years to which I can connect for as many years. After installation I was time and again treated on the lightred message box on the top of my screen letting me that the login failed. I fiddled with numerous settings. After I changed

$rcmail_config['debug_level'] = 1;
to
  $rcmail_config['debug_level'] = 4;

in the main.inc.php suddenly I was logged in. This is of course silly, because I have changed that code back to 1 again and everything still works OK. Now that I review the my settings I realize that I have made few changes to my RC settings compared with the indicated settings in the INSTALL file in the root directory of the RC webserver folder.

So, I guess there is not much more I can tell. Below is the message which, in Dutch, tells me that the login failed.

Good luck!

Offline mrselfdestruct

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 11:40:29 AM »
After reading through the INSTALL doc, and README doc in the root folder, Im a little confused.

Im pretty sure that the install was done properly by powweb, but I keep getting login failed with every combo of username and passwords. I figured woud work for a first time login.

My username for powweb and for the mysql database I created are the same.

user is: charlie
my password is: 12345
my domain name is: charliesweb.com
and my POP email address is email@charliesweb.com

user:charlie
pass:12345

user:charlie@charliesweb.com

user:email@charliesweb.com

user:charliesweb@powweb.com

Somone please help.....Im mighty lost here, and Im really just looking for an install of this "easy to install" software :-[