Release Support > Release Candidate 1

Multiple SMTP servers

(1/2) > >>

mikep:
Is to possible to set this up with more than one SMTP server to send mail.
I can read my mail from multiple accounts although using the same syntax the system does not seem to be able to use the SMTP server relavent to that mail account.

Is this possible?

Other than that its a very useful system!

Jo_shi:
Why you have to choose different smtp-Server. You can send the email yourname@firstdomain.com over a different smtp Server like smtp.anydomain.com.

Greetings Jo_shi

mikep:
Yes it is possible to send from any email address over any SMTP server, but that is also one of the main things that causes legitimate email to be flagged/filtered by spam filters, when the email domain is not the same as the domain of the server that it came from. I would rather avoid this situation therefore wanting to be able to send via either of the SMTP servers for my two email accounts.

Thanks

Flintz:
I would also like it to see, that different SMTP servers are possible, perhaps dependent on the identity you choose for sending.
I have one IMAP to check for my mails but different SMTP for sending.

zoelu:
Same problem here. I got bounces and sent mails flagged as spam using a different identity in roundcube. Would be great if I could use a different smtp server per identity.

Cheers

EDIT:
Sorry, didn't realize this thread is for rc1. Is there a way to handle multiple smtp servers using the same user with different identities in rc2?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version