Author Topic: Problem in Download Attachment  (Read 6219 times)

Offline alireza-ss

Problem in Download Attachment
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:26:39 AM »
Hi all
Somehow when receiving large attachments +3Mb I'm
unable to download them using the roundcube client.
Downloading starts slow and finishes after +/- 1.5mb

How to fix problem ?

thanks

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Problem in Download Attachment
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
Is there anything in the Roundcube error log?

Offline clixty

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:02:26 AM »
Hi, I also have this problem of unable to complete an attachment download when the size is big (>2MB)

First off, I'm an end user, using the webmail service from my domain server supplier.  So, I don't know how to get to the error log.

The problem happens only when I'm on a slow internet connection.  If I switch to a faster connection, I can finish the download.

Also, when using slow connection, this problem doesn't occur on my other email client/provider, eg. Horde, Squirrelmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail.

So, it only occurs on a combination of slow connection & Roundcube.  Perhaps the download isn't persistent enough to continue on when met with some internet connection packet loss?

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:42 PM »
Most likely the server is timing out, you'll need to contact your ISP and ask them to correct the problem.

Offline clixty

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
Hi SKaero,

Is this really my ISP problem?  I'm asking because on the same slow connection, I can get downloads completed on other email services.

I usually have to forward my emails in Roundcube with big attachments to my other emails just so I could get the attachments.

Also, my domain server provider offers 3 webmail clients: Roundcube, Horde, Squirrelmail; all based on the same server, and all are interlinked.  That means whatever email I get in Roundcube I'll also be able to access in the other two.  I can switch to the other two to download the same failed download in Roundcube, using the same slow internet connection, within the same hour.

I hope my writing isn't too bad for you to understand my issue.  Do you have any further idea besides it being my ISP not liking Roundcube?

Thanks!

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:40:17 AM »
There is a number of things it could be but without being able to look at the server logs and change server settings there ins't anything you'll be able to do to fix it. Thats why I said you'll need to contact your ISP to get the problem solved.