Release Support > 0.1 Beta 1

TinyMCE Intergration

(1/7) > >>

brashquido:
I know there is apparently a patch to enable intergration (not that I've been able to find a live link for it) of TinyMCE with RoundCube, but I think it would be really great if this was taken on board as an official option. With TinyMCE comes a whole range of really nifty plugins which bolster the functionality of RoundCube a great deal. Just my 2c...

P.S - If anyone knows where I can find detailed instruction for intergrating TinyMCE with RoundCube, I'd really appreciate it.

flosoft:
TinyMCE isn't working on all browsers.

But it would be nice to have it as user option. So in your profile you can enable / disable it.

EricS:
I've been working for a couple months on integrating TinyMCE into RoundCube. TinyMCE has its quirks, but overall it's a nice editor. My working copy is in a fairly stable state right now - you can download it here (it's based on Subversion rev276 plus my changes):

http://stadtherr.bounceme.net/files/roundcubemail_r276.tar.gz

I've tested it on Firefox and Safari. Firefox support is solid. Safari has some known JavaScript issues, but the TinyMCE developers have an ongoing dialog with Apple to try to resolve some of the issues. I have heard that it works well with Opera 9, but I haven't done much firsthand testing with that browser. I've done no testing with IE.

When I get time, I hope to be able to extend TinyMCE to understand and display pictures that are attachments to an e-mail message. If there are any TinyMCE-savvy developers out there, I would appreciate volunteers... ;)

I appreciate any feedback...

-Eric

nipun_jain:
Did googiespell work for you while sending html messages with tinyMCE? I have too integrated tinyMCE with RC and spell check didn't work. I tried your release and it doesn't seem to work on it too.

brashquido:
Browser compatibility is always going to be a concern, but 95% of my traffic is either IE or Firefox which don't seem to have a problem with it. Opera is concern for me at around 3%, but that should lessen over time as Opera 9+ becomes the norm for those users. As suggested anyway I think the implementation of any RTE should be only as an option, selectable in preferences or something like that by the user.

Thanks for the link Eric! I'll try and get a look at it over the weekend. Have you tried loading any of the extra TinyMCE plugins, such as the AJAX spellchecker?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version