Author Topic: Installation / Login question :(  (Read 6313 times)

Offline johncarlson21

Installation / Login question :(
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
Ok.. I've searched the forums.. and here is what I've come up with.. no answer to the same problem I have...

I am in no means a newb at any programming or server config.. but I am a newb at ROUNDCUBE..

I installed with no problem.. created the database and created the tables.. I created the new db and main config files.. and made all the settings necessary.. when I point my browser to my roundcubemail/ directory.. it shows the beautiful login page.. but when I try to login with a valid username and password.. it gives me a login failed message in a box at the top of the page..

well at first I thought I had something wrong with the settings so I double checked all that.. and they are GOOD!!! next I looked in my logs/ directory and checked the error log.. well I seen some entries.. and they are only from the failed logins that I used an actual bad username / password.. well then I looked at my maillog on my server.. and yes.. I do get to login but then it logs out right after I get to login.. not sure why this is.. is it something with the version of RC I have.. I downloaded the 0.1-RC1 today.. and installed it..

Server:
RHEL 4
Apache 1.3.37
PHP 4.4.4
MySQL 4.1.21
EXIM - mail server

I really want to use this program.. because it looks great..

please respond ASAP.. I love to get things to work..

Offline johncarlson21

Re: Installation / Login question :(
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »
OK.. I got it..

I had to make sure that the auto_create user = TRUE.. I thought that this meant that it would create a new user..

Offline algon

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:27:30 AM »
Eeeh....
I have the same problem as in the original mail, and my Auto_create_user is set to TRUE, and the user is created in the database, but I still stay at the login screen, even though I know, that the user has mail in the inbox.
My present IMAP mail does work perfectly (it's Squirrelmal), so I can't understand why RoundCube does not work.
I would like to change to RoundCube, bu at the moment I have this problem, pleasee ....

mvh
Niels Søndergaard
ALGON.DK

Offline dunccs

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 06:25:35 AM »
I also have the same problem, seems after turning on debugging , atuthentication is OKAy but soon after loggin in it logs out and thats when i get the LOGIN failed at the login screen. PLEASE HELP!!!

Offline manner

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 04:47:22 AM »
i have the same problem in RC2. no errors, and only login screen.
PLD linux with Apache 2.2.6 MySQL 5.1.22 PHP 5.2.5 and courier-imap on other servers

any help wanted :>

Offline glieberwirth

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »
I have the same issue:

(See my oroginal post - Ooops, did not notice this string)

Gerry Lieberwirth

Offline glieberwirth

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:58:34 PM »
I found out that after I loaded the latest trunk the login works. However I can't seem to open PDF Attachments . . . .

Offline evb

Installation / Login question :(
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »
Did someone find a solution for this problem?

I have the same problem. I can't to further then the login screen and I see in my mailserver logs a successfull login, followed directly by a logout.

I'm using the latest stable 0.1.1 release.