Author Topic: Cannot forward large attachments  (Read 3674 times)

Offline doublebad

Cannot forward large attachments
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:48:10 PM »
I am having trouble forwarding large attachments. I have an email that has an attachment of 31MB and when I try to forward it, I see the "Sending Message..." progress pane, but it keeps going for a couple of minutes before simply disappearing. I have been able to forward smaller attachments successfully, but not big ones.

I've changed the default .htaccess file that comes with Roundcube to increase the upload_max_filesize to 200M, but still it does not work:

Code: [Select]
# AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
php_flag display_errors Off
php_flag log_errors On
php_value error_log logs/errors
php_value upload_max_filesize 200M

<FilesMatch &quot;(\.inc|\~)$|^_&quot;>
 Order allow,deny
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

Order deny,allow
Allow from all

I get the following errors in my error log:

[Thu Jun 14 10:43:18 2007] [error] [client 64.167.244.67] FATAL: emalloc(): Unable to allocate 6886165 bytes, referer: [url]http://mail.domain.com/?_task=mail&_action=compose&_forward_uid=666&_mbox=INBOX[/url]
[Thu Jun 14 10:43:18 2007] [error] [client 64.167.244.67] Premature end of script headers: php4, referer: [url]http://mail.domain.com/?_task=mail&_action=compose&_forward_uid=666&_mbox=INBOX[/url]

I tried using another webmail program, other than Roundcube, and was able to forward the email successfully. It seems there is some kind of memory issue with Roundcube.

Anyone have ideas on how I can fix this?

Offline RCK

Re: Cannot forward large attachments
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:38:38 PM »
Try to add this into your .htaccess :)
php_value    memory_limit      256M

Offline doublebad

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »
hi RCK,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but it still doesn't work. Even with an attachment of 13MB. I still get the same "Unable to allocate" errors.

Offline nelgin

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »
Did you restart your webserver after making a change to your php.ini file (if you changed that)?