Author Topic: Where to login?  (Read 5829 times)

Offline andresme

Where to login?
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:56:51 PM »
Hello... I am no programmer by any means. So I have a couple of questions.

If my webhost doesn not have SSL.. Do take out the lines concerning that in the file?

SMTP question: My host told me to use 'mail.mywebname.com'
Will this still work?

I'm using fetch to upload my files. Do I just grab the entire folder and place it in my public html folder on my site or do I place the individual folders only.

I don't think I understood at all the execution of the SQL file... What exactly do I do?
Next we execute the SQL file found in the "/SQL/" directory in Roundcube that is named: "*.initial.sql" where * is your database backend type (mySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite)

The next two settings (SMTP User and SMTP Password) need to be set (if you want to send from Roundcube). They are simple, so it's better to just give them to you:

Below... To me... the instructions on the web are not that clear when I compare to what's in the actual main.inc.php file... I don't understand %u or any of that. (hehehe this cracks me up.)

On the web page
{{{$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u'; $rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';}}}

PHP File
// SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username RoundCube
// will use the current username for login
$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '';

// SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password RoundCube
// will use the current user's password for login
$rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '';

Where or how do I log in? :-[

Thanks in advance!!

Offline dogbody

Re: Where to login?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 12:44:11 AM »
You won't need to do anything special if they don't use ssl. Just specify the smtp host

Leave the smtp user and password fields blank for now and see if you can send mail.
The smtp username and password is only required if you have to authenticate to send emails. A lot of places (probably most) don't require this - they just check if the ip address of the sender (the web server in this case) is one of their own. I reckon most places would have told you if you needed to authenticate at the same time they gave you the smtp address.

As for the sql bit, it depends on what kind of access your web host provides. If they give you phpmysqladmin then you can use it, but your web host should be able to help you out with this one.